Sasha X Marco (Pt. 1 Contd.)

August 20th, 2022

"What?" Sasha was still in Marco's arms, pulling away to look him in his beautiful greenish-grey eyes.

"Will you marry me?" Marco tilted his head down to look at Sasha's chocolate brown eyes as he held her close to his chest.

"Sasha don't listen to him!" Sasha's father was a red-faced, fumbling mess, trying to get past Luca to strangle Marco.

"Yes." Sasha's voice came out as a whisper as she threw her arms around Marco's neck. She tucked her head into his shoulder as she said, a little louder, "Yes!"

"SASHA!!" her father was holding her mother up as he glared at her in utter rage.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Reyna says despite the looks of sheer hatred coming from Sasha's parents.

"How about we all go inside and talk this out while we plan the wedding?" Luca says turning to Sasha's folks. He knew how angry her dad could get.

Marco was slipping a beautiful, but simplistic, silver band with a small diamond in the middle surrounded by smaller diamonds and opal onto her left hand. Sasha had once mentioned how well opal and diamond looked together.

"Mar, it's beautiful." Sasha breathed, as she placed her opposite hand onto his cheek. "You remembered what I said about diamond and opal." Sasha was starry-eyed as she looked from him to the ring and back at him again.

"Anything for you babydoll," Marco says wrapping Sasha into his arms. Her strong rose and peony perfume filled his nose with pleasure. He released his grip on his little 5'7 angel and led her into the house.

***

Sitting in their dining room, sipping coffee, with looks of distaste clearly worn on their faces, Sasha's parent's sat waiting for their daughter to explain the last few moments.

"Mama, I know you want me to marry Reyna's brother. Dad, I know you don't trust Marco's family. But you have to trust me when I say the Carnies are the one in the wrong. Not Marco's." Sasha was pleading for her parents to reason with her and Marco. "It was stupid for me to fall in love, but it happened."

"If I may be of assistance, the Carnies did attack my office and tried to force Reyna to marry their leader's son." Luca could feel Reyna fiddle with his hand once again as he recalled the horrible memories. "They are bearable, but still put masks on and go against many people."

"They have treated us well." Sasha's father states.

"They are planning to take down the Royal Mafia." Sasha spike for the first time since she said yes to Marco. "Marco is trying to stop them. Reyna and Luca sit high in the Royal, so does Marco, but we do not."

"Do you promise to take care of my little girl?" Sasha's dad is staring daggers at Marco as he asks this question.

"Yes sir. I have a plan to marry her in the building the Royal Ball is held. I'm being made leader next week, so once we wed I would be willing to join our families to one and pull Sasha from being an assassin." Marco says returning Sasha's father's gaze.

"Why are you pulling her from her position? She loves her job!" Sasha's mother says, in utter disbelief.

"It's dangerous! I don't know what I would do if she got hurt. I don't want her risking her life every day. I have plenty of other people who can do that. I don't need Sasha's life on the line each and every day." Marco's eyes begin to water, and his voice wavers slightly. Sasha's parents look to him as Sasha rubs his back and rests her head on his shoulder.

"You have my blessing, son. Treat my Sasha well." Sasha's father says. He saw the look of horror in Marco's eyes and remembers the time he thought that about Sasha and his wife.

"Thank you, dad," Sasha replies reaching for her father's hand.

***

September 5th, 2022

"Mi Amor, what are you doing?" Marco says giggling lightly as he walks over to Sasha pouring over her paperwork. Both of them were named leaders, and until they got married, they still had separate mafias to run.

"Mar, I'm trying to sort through my assassins," Sasha replies, feeling Marco put his head into the crook of her shoulder. "We have far too many, for our size."

"Mi Amor, please come sit and cuddle with me," Marco begs to lift his head, he couldn't wait until Sasha didn't have all her responsibilities. "Please mi Amor, you've been working so hard these past few weeks."

"I'm trying to make the transition easier for us both." Sasha knew she was working herself into a frenzy.

"No more work. We're cuddling on the couch, mi Amor, my mind is made." Marco pulled Sasha's chair away for the table. Marco wrapped his arms around Sasha, as she wrapped her legs around his torso, tucking her head into his neck. She suddenly felt a wave of sleepiness wash over her, as she looked away from her work and reluctantly accepted Marco's request. Marco carries a sleepy Sasha over to the living room, laying down on the couch, Marco held Sasha close to him. He pulled a thick, fuzzy blanket over them both, started Sasha's favorite movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, and played with Sasha's hair as she adamantly watched the movie. Despite her exhaustion.

***

September 16th, 2022

The day had finally come.

Their wedding.

Today Sasha was going to no longer be a part of the Gills family. She will be a De Santo after today.

"Oh Sahsa!" Reyna sang walking into Sasha's room. "Oh! Look at you! You look beautiful! Luca come look at her!" Reyna began rushing back to the door to retrieve poor Luca.

Luca trudged through the door, trying to pry Reyna's death grip off of his wrist.

"Just please come and look at her! Just once!" Reyna pleaded.

"Mi Amor, I would love too but I have to help Marco get ready." Luca succeeded in prying Reyna off of him. Kissing her forehead and waving to Sasha, Luca went to the next room.

Sasha wore a white dress, with a slim skirt, low backline, a sweetheart neckline, and long sleeves made to look like lace. Silver and diamond jewelry was worn to match her dress and a small bouquet of bright red roses. The bridesmaids wore bright red dresses that match the style of Sasha's dress. The groomsmen wore light gray suits with white button-up shirts and red ties. Marco wore a black-ish gray suit with the same white shirt and red tie as the groomsmen.

Tucked into the countryside of Italy, the "Castle of the Mafia" bustles with the events of the day. The ballroom, with high ceilings and marble floors, is lit with fairy lights and candles. Rows of people from the De Santo, Gills, Gabbana, and the Marcaneose family fill the grand room. A priest stood at the end of the room, holding the Bible that every single mafia member was married by. The bridesmaids walked down the aisle, arm in arm with the groomsmen.

Marco walked down the aisle with his mother, standing at the alter waiting for Sasha.

Today was the day.

Her name would be Sasha Maria de Santo. No longer a part of the Gills family.

Sasha's father walked to the end of the aisle. Sasha walked slowly to her father's side. A long veil sat atop of her head. She reached the end of the aisle, say goodbye to her father. She walked to the altar and stood in front of Marco. His eyes were the size of saucers taking in her undeniable beauty.

After vows were exchanged the priest looked to Marco and said, "Do you, Marco de Santo, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Sasha Gills, take this man to be you lawfully wedded husband?" The priest turned to look at Sasha.

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."