First Days are the Worst Days

"Mijo!"

Before you both could even move. Miguel's mother had exited her house.

"I can take you both to school today."

"I thought you have work?"

"No, no, I go in a bit later today. So I can take you both to school."

You nodded and Miguel would do the same. She began to lead you both to her small truck. You sat in the middle awkwardly of course.

This hardly ever happened. You usually sat in the back of trucks. Or even rode in the train.

The sound was absolutely terrible.

You looked over to Miguel a big confused on why it was so damn silent. He would only shrug.

You let out a sigh. And leaned your head back.

"So Y/N. Your mom tells me that you're from China."

"Yeah, Foshan to be exact."

"Wow, and where is that?"

"Guangdang Province, um to the far far south of China."

"I think I know the place. And why did you move?"

"Well my dad recently died and.. I guess the house was never the same without him."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear."

"Yeah. We're supposed to get our stuff sometime today."

"Oh maybe we can help you out."

"That would be great."

"Ok then. After Miggy's meeting."

"I thought."

Before you could speak Miguel shoved you gently. And gave you the look of "Don't say anything." You only nodded.

"Nevermind sorry."

It was a good while until you both reached the school.

Miguel got out first and you followed.

"Have a great first day Y/N. And lead him around Miggy."

"Alright mom. See you this evening."

You looked at the grandeur of the school. A smile appeared on your face. You followed Miguel into the building.

Your eyes scoped through the endlessness the of the cliques.

But damn it wasn't as easy as it was back home. Everyone wore uniforms. And you would only know about their clique. Because you had that personality.

It was complicated.

But still This place was easy to pick apart.

While you mindlessly walked through the corridors. You bumped into Miguel.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Lockers are here. And I can take you to your classes."

"Ok thanks for basically everything."

He nodded and he would lead you around. Introduce you and stuff. When the time came for lunch. Oh boy Lunch.

Where to talk about this shit show.

Well maybe we should begin at when you first entered the doors. And moved over to sit down next to Miguel and a few others.

Two kids who were both a bit scrawny. And nerds by the look of it.

"Hey this is Y/N. He just moved here."

Miguel said in a happy tone. The two boys would nod. And the taller of them would speak.