Fight Strong

You and your mother both stared at one another.

The fierce spirit of combat filling the void between you both.

Through this choking atmosphere your eyes analyzed

Her left hand outstretched to form an eagles claw with her fingers, her right hand was lifted up curling at her right. Her left leg was lifted up to rest on top of her right leg. She looked like a crane in essence. A crane who was fully preped to strike at any sudden movement.

While you had both your arms pointing out to her, your left arm pointed out further with your fingers curling to make a similar eagles claw, your right arm was being held near your elbow area. Your left leg was bent slightly down with your right being completely outstretched in front of you.

Both your eyes locked onto each other.

Within a quick jolt of movement your mother jumped forward. Jumping off her right foot she used the momentum in her left foot to hit you.

You quickly evaded her attack moving to the side. You grabbed her leg, then moved your foot behind her own foot. With your free arm you pushed her back.

She yelped and fell back. Where she quickly rolled to the side.

Kicking herself up as she kicked you away. You yelped in surprise catching yourself on your foot. Quickly you returned to your form as she threw multiple punches towards you.

With as much 3

"Good, you're getting better."

"Or you're getting older."

She let out a laugh helping herself up with a smile.

"Age is but a number. You should know that." She said before walking over to a small cooler on the ground.

She pulled from it two water bottles. She tossed one over to you. With ease you caught it before pulling it open. You sipped the waters before wiping your forehead of sweat.

"Ma, I forgot to ask. But could you maybe take me to that All-Valley Karate Tournament?"

"To compete?" She questioned with an anger to her tone.

"M-maybe."

"Son we practice Gung-Fu not Karate. There's a significant difference between both styles."

"Still. I just wanted to practice my style against other styles." You stated with reasoning trying to fill your way of speaking.

She sighed and held onto her temples. She pondered gently before she sighed. Taking a seat on a nearby wooden chair. This place was perfect for Kung-Fu training. An old monastery run by Buddhist monks. Here you would would most likely train for the rest of your stay in America.

She sighed before standing up.

"Fine, I'll let you compete. But, you can only use the eagles wing and parts of claw. I don't need you killing someone."

You let out a laugh. As if you could kill someone. When you nodded excitedly before she got up and walked over to a corner wardrobe.

"Your father wore this.. And I think." She pulled it open and lifted from it a uniform.

It looked vaguely like an old styled Hanfu except there were legs slots in the pants that allowed for mobility. The entire outfit itself looked as if it was ready to misdirect people. You smiled brightly at the cool grey color. You jumped forward to look at it closer.

"D-dad wore this?" You couldn't help but laugh at the silliness of the idea.

With a wiping of your eye you looked back over to your mom. She was smiling at your gleeful attitude. She outstretched her hand to hold onto your shoulder.

"He was like a dancer in that. Evading punches and counter striking. It was more impressive than his dancing skills."

You both laughed before she looked back at you.

"Get ready and we'll be out in 10. Alright?"

"Ok ma!" You exclaimed watching her exit the room.

Much to your excitement you looking the flowing nature of these robes. With a contentful sigh you started to change into your normal clothing. Afterward walking out of the dojo where your mother stood in wait.

"Ready érzi?"

"As ready as I can be." You stated pulling your duffle bag closer.

She nodded before she pulled open the screen door. The light poured in before you both walked out. Excitement ran through your soul as you took in a breath from the peaceful temple grounds.

Your mom handed you the keys before she began walking off towards the car. You followed after her. The light from the sun filled your vision. With the hot California air hitting your skin fiercely. The excitement for the fight filled you before you quickly followed after her.

It was time to reveal the power of the Eagle's Flight.

And show Miguel that an open hand is as powerful as a closed fist.

#800