Once Bitten, Twice Shy

You found yourself in an awkward position. You were in a party drinking. Ever so slowly slipping into drunkenness. You were used to drinking but that was rice wine. It was far more tame and appetizing.

This was bitter had an oaky flavor.

You watched as underaged kids mindlessly drank and chattered amongst themselves. Why did Miguel talk you into this?

He would just hang out his his girl friend. Not only that but tomorrow was his tournament. You knew for a fact the drunken fist was one of the strongest styles of fighting.

Your mother after all was a master at it.

Except you were but a novice when it came to it. You walked over to a large Boulder. Taking a seat on top of it and laying back. You looked up to the clearness of the night.

You felt a sudden presence sit next to you.

You looked over to find Aisha.

"Guy problems?"

"Yes, very large one."

She laughed and looked up to the stats above.

"Well, guess you trust him too much."

"You're telling me."

You tossed the red solo cup away with a grunt.

"He's stronger. Yet cockier."

"Seems like it does it to people."

"Yes, except for very few you gave up the material."

"What do you mean?"

"I was taught Zen teachings. And I learned we have power to end wars not start them."

"And Miguel?"

"He's on the bridge of starting one."

He pulled yourself up with a sigh.

"Well I better head back home. Keep an eye on him would ya?"

"Yeah I will."

You nodded and walked over to Miguel. Patting his shoulder.

"Migao I'm going to go."

"Great so you're leaving me too?"

The smell of liquor was evident. His hands and eyes were originally glued to the device  in his hands. You smiled a bit.

"Not necessarily. Just heading back home."

"Yeah sure."

"What's wrong with you Migao?"

"Well first of all everyone I care for is ditching me."

"Sam I assume.."

"Yeah and now my best friend is leaving me too."

"I am not giving up on our friendship. Just because I have to sleep that doesn't mean."

"Yeah right."

You frowned moving to touch his shoulder. He slapped your hand away. Kicking you away.

You landed on your back. Gasping for air. Miguel realizing his mistake rushed over to you.

"Y/N! I'm sorry I didn't."

Your hand shot out and poked at Miguel's shoulder. Locking it in place. You got up with groan. Looking to Miguel.

Your guard was let down to friends. That was the only time you felt calm. This action was a betrayal of your friendship.

"And here I was thinking we were friends."