10. Our Society

After my hot-makeout-session slash tense intervention with Jungkook, he disappeared as quickly as he came; like the wind.

I was clad in my nurse uniform, attending to the grumpy patients that demanded basically everything they could think of— it was part of my job, but nevertheless, it didn't mean it was easy. I sighed as I passed the muted neon signs of the wards, questioning my line of work as usual.

As I enter Ward 34 preparing to draw some blood, my mind begun to wander off to the break-in that happened last week at the Game Store. I wondered if they were alright and I wondered about Jungkook. His lips, his hands, his face....It was beginning to occupy every minute of my day. Dammit.

"Oh, miss. I didn't know you were married, pardon me; you look so young." The patient's eyes laid intently on my ring finger, which held the pink sapphire.

"I'm not— I mean, it's complicated, and..." I tried to explain in a fluster, but the patient seem to misinterpret my point.

"You don't need a reason. It's okay to follow your heart sometimes." She remarks comfortingly.

You don't need a reason.

Something in me suddenly catches in my throat, and I'm reminded of Jungkook's passionate lips on mine. It was so painfully familiar, and I need to find out why— right?  That was what I thought, but her words tell otherwise. I don't need a reason to want to see Jungkook.

Heck, I'm gonna pay him a visit...just because.

I quickly finish up the procedure, and waited till my shift was over. And then, under the muted light of the dimly lit alleyway, I walked the path I knew— that reeked of perpetual danger and crime riddled streets.

I hesitate a little as I begin to draw close to the Game Store. Something in me tells me that it would be a hell of a time.

Shifting slowly with light steps, I approach the graffitied door, and....

It swings open in my face.

"Oh my God!" a frightened yell resonated through the alley, but soon turns to a voice of concern. "Are you alright?!"

I look up, massaging my reddened forehead, and stopped. I was right. This shop was packed full of hot rugged boys asking for trouble...this guy was drop dead gorgeous.

"Did you just slam the door on a customer's face?" Yoongi appears from behind, smacking the back of the guy from earlier. "Oh. It's you." He then says after directing his eyes back to me.

"Yoongi, I just wanted to talk to Jungkook about something." I ask.

It was then when the guy notices the ring on my finger. His eyes widened as he was about to scream something, but Yoongi shuts him with the palm of his hand.

"Quiet. I know. I'll explain it to you later, Hobi." He sighs, dragging the man with him, but not before telling me where to find Jungkook.

I gulped, prepping myself as I follow Yoongi deep into the Game Store. As always, it seemed like another realm from the outside; like a space that was cut-off from a thriller and pasted here.

I slowly made my way to the Game Room, the secret door that was hidden behind various stacked games and boxes. I wasn't gonna lie— I was nervous as a wreck.

"Yena." A cold voice sent shudders to the tip of my fingers, as the pit of my stomach begun to roar with ravaging fire.

I turn around quickly to see his face, only to be met with his lips, yet again. He kisses me needingly and so very skillfully, that I couldn't— I just couldn't pull away. And so I stood there, surrendering to his deadly advances.

"It's been a while." He merely says in a tone of softness, as his eyes flared with tempt. "I thought you wouldn't want to see me again."

"You....you need to stop kissing me." I pull away a little, closing my eyes tightly to avoid my heart from racing even more. God. The way he looked at me was the way he killed.

"Why would I?" He answers with a devilish smirk. "It feels good to do it with you."

The blush on my cheeks must be evident at that point, as he shoots a victorious smile from his successful tease. "What? You're shy?"

My mind was whirling into madness— but luckily for me, Yoongi came back.

"Can you rascals flirt somewhere else, I'm trying to enter." He demands in an annoyed tone. "Why here of all places?"

I immediately shove Jungkook to the side as I moved away for him to enter the Game Room. Jungkook pushes my body into his chest as he tries to make space for Yoongi.

"Come with me." He intertwines his hands with mine suddenly, pulling me in after Yoongi.

The sight that greeted me was of usual awe. The corkboard with various research material, the stacks full of documentation, games; runes and all you could think of. The lights emitting from the various gaming sets lit the room up to its full glory, and multiple cut outs of newspapers reporting of Neon Yellow Bunny— Jungkook's gaming alias.

But what seems to catch my attention the most, was the full group that was inside the room.

I felt like I had walked into a meeting without knowing.

"Yena. We were waiting...waiting for your arrival here." The guy named Namjoon, as I heard from the others, said in a looming voice. "We would like to request of your help."

"My help?"

"I trust it will be beneficial to you as well. You see, if you agree to this, then we might have a way to remove your ring, and ultimately break Jungkook's curse." He says slowly. As I begun to realise what I've walked into, it was already too late— and the wheels started turning.

"Yena." He says.

"We invite you to our society."

A/N:

How are you guys? Sorry I missed a few updates! I'll be able to update more slowly as promised! Thank you and please remember to share this story around ❤️