7: His Secret

"Save him. I beg of you."

I wasn't sure whether it was the tone of his voice, or the way his shoulders lowered in an apparent sorrow, that my heart begin to weaken. My eyes travelled down his inked sleeves and to his tiny little fingers, which were clenched together in desperation.

Jungkook must be very important to them. To Jimin.

But would I sacrifice my entire lifespan to be with a boy I don't even love, to pledge absolute faith? My soft spot tells me yes, but my selfish side tells me otherwise.

I sure as hell don't want to marry someone I don't even know, but strangely at the thought of Jungkook— not just his dark eyes and tousled, black hair that framed his strong features, but the way he silently protects people he wants to protect. He protected me. I felt like I owed him.

But.

"I don't know, Jimin." I speak softly, hesitantly. "I don't know if I can....live my entire life with someone I don't even love..."

I couldn't even fathom myself with Jungkook. The dark, rugged-head Jungkook with his dark-set eyes. The way he killed was the way he stared, and I didn't know if I could take that much everyday.

But... I'm sure as hell that I don't want to kill someone.

"Give me some time to think." I ask Jimin, but a voice cuts me off.

"You don't need to."

I turn to see Jungkook leaning against the frame of the Game Room door, his usual evilish grin now gone. His half lidded eyes stared into space, before directing his dark irises back at me.

"You don't have to pity me. Death is inevitable, mine was just early." He simply says, a slight curved grin on his lips. "Just go."

"But...I-

I was rendered speechless. A thousand words in my mind whirled across me but not a single word I uttered.

"You were cute to tease— I give it that." Jungkook tilts his head devilishly. "Sorry that I can't do anything about the ring on your finger though." His eyes diverted to my hand.

I was about to say something, but his eyes suddenly fluttered shut— as if it was closure. Closure for everything.

"It was nice meeting you," he stares straight at me, for the final time.

"Yena."

________________________________________

I went to work after that, his voice in the back of my mind.

I didn't know what to make of it. Part of me just wants to ignore all that happened, but another part of me didn't want to forget.

And the damn deja vú was hitting me again. The way Jungkook looked at me, was as if he knew me. And I know, I know that I've seen him, somewhere before. His messily tousled hair, the way his eyes flared in tension to the air, I knew. But where ?

I started to turn to technology. "Games store, Hill Avenue 3." I typed in the keyboard slowly, anticipating the results. But what I found were just the store's muted neon signs hanging unscrewed on the wall, accompanied by home-taken shots of the games on display. The other images seem to depict another game store.

Guess it's not relatively well known.

But something else, did pop out though.

"Neon yellow bunny." I muttered under my breath.

Jungkook's alias. Although noone has any background information about him.

Before I knew it, I was neck-deep in the little compiled slots of his achievement list online. I started researching and typing more about it, but I didn't seem to find any information regarding Jungkook.

"Writing a report?"

I turn abruptly to see Jaegyu, smiling warmly at me. Somehow, I felt weird talking to him.

Maybe it's because he was making out with another colleague during office hours.

"I'm just....Uh.." I comprehend words to say, but he invades my space and stared directly at the screen.

"I didn't know you were interested in gaming." He tilts his head in surprise. I choke.

"Yeah. That." I say, trying to fend him off. "By the way, you haven't gotten Monday's report yet, right? I'll put it on your desk."

Jaegyu nods. "Thanks, and get me a coffee on the way too."

"Oh." I answered. "Sure."

I swerve my chair around and walked past him, slightly moody. Maybe it's because I couldn't believe that I actually had a fat crush on this person before, or maybe my mind's gone all wack from this morning.

Either way, I wasn't having a good day.

I hastily brewed a coffee before heading to his office. As I place the papers on his desk, my sharp eyes catch something.

An envelope.

It must've fallen down to the floor.

As I picked it up and dusted it off, I couldn't help but notice an edge sticking out of the half opened envelope. As I pulled it out to take a good look, I froze.

It was a picture. The same picture that was pinned gravely in the Game Room.

A picture of the Runaways.

A/N: