8. Be Mine

Just then, a sudden shifting noise alarms me, and I immediately stuff the picture into my pocket.

"Oh..um, Jaegyu." I shuffled nervously as my body turned to face him. He stares at me for a moment, eyes flared in suspicion. But it almost seemed like my imagination when his lips curved up into a warm smile.

"Thanks for putting it on my desk. You can leave now." He says in a tone which almost seemed like he was hinting me to go away.

As if he had something to hide.

I nodded, passing by him with the hand in my pocket— clutching the picture safely in my hands.

Just....what was that?

As the door closes, I quickly made my way to my office, unveiling the picture to confirm if it was, in fact the one in the Game Room. And it was. The familiarity of the person's gazing eyes in the picture; the way it leaves me with chills, it was the picture.

But why, and...how?

How did this picture end up in Jaegyu's hands?...

My finger grazed the matte surface slowly as I examined the picture. In it, I notice a small tattoo of a logo inked onto his left arm. It resembled an R with a snake wrapped around it, the tail emerging as the head of an arrow.

It was haunting, to be honest. The way the snake gathered around the alphabet, as if it's killing it slowly. Something about the Runaways just holds me down with a sense of impending dread.

Whatever it is, they need to know.

I need to go back.

Back to the Game Store.

_________________________________________

Which was what I said, but....

"Emergency on ward 33." the telecom buzzes and I exhaled a long winded breath. It's been 3 days of overnight shifts and I couldn't find a single minute to stop by. Not even for a coffee break.

"You look tired." My colleague passes by,  patting my back. I sighed again.

Why am I so distressed over the game store? Jungkook even told me to forget about him, but flashbacks of his heavy lidded gazes, his touch and the way he morphed his lips on mine— I couldn't get it off my mind. It was permanent in my mind like the beautiful ink that was tinted into his skin. The way he called my name— God. It was casual, with underlying lustfulness in it, that attracted me so much to him.

But as attractive as he was, he smells of danger. Like a predator. Like how my senses tingled in alarm whenever he touches me.

My train of thoughts were broken when another colleague nudges me.

"Have you heard the news?" She whispered. "Apparently the emergency room is full because of a fight that broke out at Hill Avenue 3."

Hill Avenue...3?

"Did you say Hill Avenue 3?" I asked, grabbing her hand. With shock, she replied with a yes.

I immediately gathered my belongings and ran out of the office, much to the their surprise. At that time, my mind was whirling and everything seemed to be out of control.

When I reached the store, all that filled my vision was broken debris of various glass and panels, paper shredded everywhere, and games being wrecked to the ground. Police tape was surrounding the vicinity, the neon lights of the cars blinding those who gathered around.

My heart dropped.

However, before I could rush in to check on them, I see Yoongi lying down on the concrete, back against the wall. His face had bruises and a large cut at the side of his cheek, and several bandages that wrapped around his pale skin.

"Yoongi..." I kneeled down next to him. "Is everyone alright?"

He stares at me for a moment, before glancing at the ring.

"Oh." He says. "It's you. Everyone's alright, just..."

"Just?"

"Jungkook's in a pretty bad condition. The Runaways got him good this time. I don't know who called the police, but it's just a fucking hassle. I mean— we don't work well with them." He rants, exhaling a sigh from his bloodied lip.

"Can you tell me where Jungkook is?"

"Inside. Refusing to be taken to the hospital. They let us go because we had minor injuries, but they couldn't let Jungkook alone." Yoongi explains, his eyes fluttered shut from exhaustion.

Immediately, I took out a chocolate koala biscuit and a bottle of water from my bag, offering it to him. His eyes shifted from the snack to me, disbelief flaring in his hazel brown eyes.

"What am I, fucking nine?" He rolled his eyes.

"Just eat it, asshole." I shoved it into his arms, before running to the scene.

And then our eyes met.

His cold, brown eyes stared at me curiously, as if he's in slight shock. His bloodied lip turns up to a tiny smile as soon as he confirms my figure.

My eyes studied his injuries. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it seemed painful. Blood was dripping down his body, which was accompanied by cuts and small bruises that peeked through his ripped shirt. Somehow, I felt my chest squeeze together.

"I'm a nurse. Please let me help him." I showed my identity card to the officer, in which he lets me in. I quickly ran to Jungkook who was in a pretty bad state.

"Yena." He calls quietly.

I quickly bandaged him up, and gestured to the officers that I'll be taking charge. They soon left the store, and I continued with disinfecting his wounds.

"Don't worry, I won't be taking you to the hospital." I said, swabbing a cotton on his cut. He winces a little, a slight groan leaving his lips.

"Instead, I'll take you to my house. There isn't the best medical equipment, but I have the essentials."

"So you'll be my personal nurse?" Jungkook stares at me with slight smile.

With that, my cheeks begin to burn. See, Yena, this is what you get for offering him something.

"D-do the others need help too?" I ask.

"Oh, don't worry." He says teasingly. "They're plenty fine."

As I was about to wrap up the minor wounds, Jungkook watches me closely, before pulling me closer to his chest.

"What is it, Jungkook?" I looked up at him, heart beating at the speed of a treadmill.

"You know..."  His eyes flared in ocean blue, the muted lights reflecting on his face. "If you're this kind, I want to take my words back."

"Huh?"

"Fall for me, Yena." He says.

"And be mine."

________________________________________

A/N: give a yeehaw to my writing skills because it's dead 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jiminfication