6: Save him

Sacrificed?....

"He...what?" my voice came out in a shudder. My mind begun to whirl into madness— and utter confusion.

Jimin's eyes flared as he realizes what he's revealed. He runs a hand across his face, seemingly frustrated in himself.

"Is that why he ended up on my street?..." I say softly, and the two of them exchanged looks yet again.

Jimin's inked hand made its way his pockets, the other gesturing me to follow him.

"What I'm about to tell you, is strictly confidential. But since you're part of Jungkook, you're also part of us."

Jimin's eyes darkened as he stares intently at me.

"Are you ready?"

I gulped. The sign in front of us shines brightly, in a muted light that reads 'more games'. Piled at the side were several ancient-looking scrolls and other tacky egyptian boardgames. They seem to be a decoy for the real deal— the door.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I answered.

Jimin nods, fishing a necklace out from under his shirt. A key shines brightly at the end of the chain. He opens the door with it.

"Welcome." He says. "To the Game Room."

The moment he opened the door, my adrenaline seems to hike up like a hurricane, destroying everything in its midst. Heart pumping, fire in the pit of my stomach— like the first time I saw Jungkook.

The Game Room.

It was filled to the brim with various CDs, research papers, and made-up games. Each was labelled with a certain symbol, or rune, in language I haven't seen before. It smelled of burnt incense, and a certain flower I couldn't fathom.

Scribbled on the corkboard were writings about game ideas. But what caught my eye was pictures of people labelled, 'The Runaways."

"This is where we design our games. It's our little hideout...but most importantly," Jimin points at the picture.

"It's where we study about the Runaways."

The Runaways. Somehow, I keep hearing about them.

"Just....what are they?" I ask.

His plump lips turned up into a knowing grin. Jimin shifts and leans onto the wall, getting ready to explain...things.

"The Runaways," he started. "Are kids that ran away from home. You probably get that much, right?"

I nod.

"Well, they aren't just kids that ran away. They are coincidentally people who came to know about Jungkook's curse."

"He has a curse?" My heart dropped.

"Despite joking around, he does. His ancestors are the ones to blame. The curse started in his bloodline a long time ago, and it stayed till now." Jimin elaborates, exhaling a long winded sigh.

"What is the curse?"

"Until he turns 20," he says slowly. "His ring bearer must pledge her path to him. In other words, marriage."

"And if she doesn't, he dies."

"That's..." I was speechless.

"Although Jungkook is happy he found you, he doesn't force marriage on anyone. He told us that he's always prepared for death. He even wrote his will." Jimin says, sadness in his eyes. "This is what the Runaways want."

"The Runaways?...." my eyes widened.

Jimin nods. "They are teenagers, but also somewhat...a cult. They want you dead, so Jungkook dies from the curse as well." He explains. "Jungkook doesn't want anyone harmed because of him. That's how he ended up on your street." Jimin finishes with a sigh.

"Is there a way to break this curse?" I ask.

"We've been researching our asses off, so Jungkook and you can live, but so far— nothing. No leads, anything." His eyes flutter shut. "Here's what we have so far, though."

Jimin hands me a summarised list, of what they have found about the curse.

1) If the ring bearer manages to remove the ring when the ring has already chosen them, both the ring bearer and the Cursed individual dies.

2) If the ring bearer does not pledge her oath to the Cursed, the Cursed one dies.

3) The ring disappears if the Cursed individual dies from other causes.

4) So far nothing is found to be able to break the curse.

After reading through it, I slowly felt my heart sank.

Jimin's eyes fluttered shut. "Yena, this is a selfish request..."

"But please, please save him."

_________________________________________

A/N: all the secret's out. how do you feel? Please stay tuned for the next chapter ( it's more interesting , I promise!)

 how do you feel? Please stay tuned for the next chapter ( it's more interesting , I promise!)