9. Curiosity Kills The Cat

Be mine.

His voice rings in my mind, sending clusters of tingles down my spine.

"It isn't that easy...." I mutter quietly to myself, my hand slowly easing the fabric of the blanket. Jungkook lays unconscious on my bed, chest rising and falling as he sleeps.

As I sat beside him, my mind whirls in a mess, with many unanswered questions, hesitation in my heart that seems to never go away. Somehow, I felt an attraction to him, but not love. It would take me a lot of sacrifice to marry him, much less be with him. Its not like I hate Jungkook. I just don't...love him...

After that brief thought, the ring on my finger seems to dim. My blood surges across my veins, and I felt a chill. What? The dread in my heart becomes heavier, and I choke a little.

My eyes directed back to Jungkook, who is still sleeping peacefully. However, the dread doesn't stop— until the ring turns completely dark.

And as it dims even further, I feel my vision fade, and I fall into total darkness.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I felt my body afloat, in a void of black. My ring at that moment flares a bright blue hue, bringing my attention to it. I couldn't take my eyes away from the iridescent crystal, as if it wasn't allowing me to.

For a split second— just a second, I felt the intense deja vú again as images of me and Jungkook that I've never seen before flashes past my mind, and I stop breathing. My eyes began to tear as a sudden heavy feeling downs me; it felt like the entire sky had fallen down upon my back.

I've met him before.

"I can't remember..." I mutter, desperation in my voice. The feeling of loss was so heavy upon me that I couldn't stand, and I'm left on the ground of darkness, awash with tears.

Right then, I'm shaken conscious by something. My eyes open weakly, to see Jungkook's frantic expression.

"Yena? It's okay, I'm here..." He presses me against his broad chest, arms wrapped tightly around my torso. He comforts me slightly by running his hand across my back.

As I looked up at him, he stares back, his half lidded eyes flaring with worry. 

"Jungkook..." I call, and he hums in response.

"Have we met before?"

And to that; Jungkook's eyes seem to shift into a cold-blooded glow. The tip of his cold fingers gently caressed the curves of my cheek, drawing lines of shudder down my back. He's hesitating. I watched as his stare was intent on mine, observing my expression.

"Some things are better left unknown." he merely answers, deflecting the question.

"That means we have." I say firmly, and he's taken aback. "You're just— I...I don't know how to describe it, but you seem so familiar to me—"

Before I could continue my next line of protest, I feel his hand shift smoothly to the back of my head and....

He kisses me.

My hands grew weak. His lips that were on mine immediately sent me to a divine madness. The more I pulled away, the more he pushed his lips against mine— and I finally give in. We sat there, lips on lips, his skill overpowering my very senses.

As he finally pulls away, a curve in his lips indicated his deep fascination. "You're pretty good at receiving my kisses."

"You still haven't answere—

"We met before. Just once." He finally answers. "Whether you remember it or not, it's up to you to figure out."

"But how can i—

"That's also for you to decide." He replies, before heading to the door. "But remember. Curiosity kills the cat— don't pry around too much."

I gulped. "And...what if I do?..."

"Then..." He turns back, with a devilish grin.

"I'll have to discipline you."

With that, Jungkook leaves me in a state of utter shock, rendering me speechless.