12

☆

"BLOODY DRAGONS!"

Clover snapped her head up to face the breathless boy. The girl had just managed to settle down after arriving only a mere five minutes prior. She looked around the half-empty library for any wanderers before quietly closing her book and pulling out a chair for the boy to sit down. Cedric promptly dropped down onto the chair and moved it closer to hers, whilst he glanced behind him, searching for any eavesdroppers.

"Bloody fucking dragons, Clover!" He reiterated lowly, his eyes were wide and Clover couldn't exactly tell whether it was because he was excited or if it was because he was shitting himself with fear.

"What about them?" The girl asked, raising a brow as she tried to decipher what he was saying. Cedric ran a stressed hand through his hair as he shook his head. Clover furrowed her eyebrows at the boy's behaviour. She placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it lightly as the boy muttered nonsense under his breath. "Ced, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's happening..."

"Dragons, Clove," Cedric muttered once more, his voice dropping. "That's the first task." Clovers jaw dropped in shock at his words.

"You can't be serious...dragons? Are you sure?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh my Merlin, I should really invest in some calming draught ." Clover sighed, rubbing her temples. "Reckon somewhere in Hogsmede does it?"

"Clover, can we please get back to the poi- actually that may be a good idea." Cedric stopped to think before promptly shaking his head. "Never mind, back to what I was saying...Dragons, Clover, I have to fight a dragon!"

"Who told you that!"

"Harry." Cedric answered immediately, dropping his voice as he spoke. "When you left, Harry approached me and basically said that Fleur and Krum know too."

"I have some newfound respect for that boy..." Clover muttered before focusing back onto the subject matter at hand. "Well, you'll need to learn some spells, maybe study some old ones, but are you sure you have to fight them?"

"What else would we have to do?" Cedric groaned, slamming his head onto the desk in defeat.

"It's okay, I can help you," Clover reassured the boy, rubbing circles on the Cedric's back. "At least you're going into this task knowing what you're up against."

"-But, but DRAGONS!" Cedric stammered.

"No buts! As much as I'd love to be freaking out with you right now, there isn't enough time, Ced." Clover spoke steadily, trying to push back and ignore the warning signs running through her mind. "You have a week and a half to prepare yourself. Have you told Hugo and Jules?"