10

☆

CLOVER AMIRA CARSTAIRS WAS FRUSTRATED. Not only was she behind on homework and forced to spend her last free period of the day in the library, but she was also, surprisingly, alone. Juliette was off doing god knows what while Hugo and Cedric decided earlier that they wanted to go to the kitchens. It had been three long hours since the four split, and Clover was utterly feeling the withdrawals of not being around her friends.

So here the girl was, trudging her way out of the library, her hands clutching her books as she walked. Clover had managed to stumble her way through a Care of Magical Creatures essay and it had completely depleted her brain use. She pressed her school books to her chest and turned the corner to walk down the hall. Clover walked rather quickly and she tumbled into the depth of her thoughts as she made her way towards the Great Hall.

It was the day of Halloween. A day that was extravagantly celebrated throughout Hogwarts by a massive feast in the evening. However, The choosing of champions was tonight and the girl was nervous for her friend. Sure, eternal glory might have it perks and it sounded great and all but Clover had managed to read up on the deaths the tournament had caused and they were all horrifying, to say the least.

Clover was so caught up in her spiral of thoughts that it wasn't until pounding footsteps echoed towards her did she look up, just in time to come face to face with a hard chest, sending her stumbling back. Her books clattered to the floor as she squeezed her eyes shut in preparation to hit the stone floor.

However, the impact never came.

It was only then that Clover felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, effectively stopping the girl from hitting the floor. She opened her eyes slowly coming face to face with a rather panicked looking George Weasley.

"Woah, sorry I-" The boy rushed into an apology as his hand wrapped around the girl's waist and held her there, safe from falling, their eyes met for a moment and Clover forced herself to look away as heat rushed to her cheeks.

"Uh, sorry!" He apologized again, helping the girl stand before retracting his arms. The boy glanced behind him as his eyebrows scrunched while his face displayed mild panic.

"It's fine, George, really," Clover reassured him, reaching down to grab her books before standing up straighter but as a series of loud bangs rocketed from down the hall and a series of shrieks erupted, the girl turned to George with wide eyes while the boy merely winced. "What was that?!"

"Dungbombs." The boy answered briefly, scratching his head as he visibly panicked. "Look I gotta go, um, you probably shouldn't go that way." Clover looked up at the boy with a look of disbelief.

"Where were you going?" The boy asked, suddenly walking in the direction the girl had come from. Curiously, Clover followed, ignoring the noise coming from behind her.