05

☆

THE TIME FOLLOWING THE AFTERMATH OF the quidditch world cup seemed to be shrouded by a dense and heavy feeling; a twisted feeling which Clover couldn't even possibly begin to describe. Like Amos had explained to them, the four were transported back by portkey to the hill in Ottery St. Catchpole the morning after the attack. They had hiked their way back to The Diggory household in a daze from their lack of sleep the night before. As soon as The Diggory household had come into view, they were instantly met with a frantic Mrs. Diggory, who was happy to embrace all four of them tightly.

It wasn't long until Hugo's mothers had arrived, both looking panicked and worried for their son and after they thanked Amos profusely, Hugo was flooed home.

While Mrs. Diggory continued to fuss over and coddle the remaining two teenagers, Clover and Cedric remained in their quiet, dreary states as they tried to digest what had happened at The World Cup.

Juliette had sent a letter in the afternoon, confirming that she wasn't injured or hurt and that she'd made it out alright. Hearing this news was like a fresh breath of air for the two and a subconscious weight of guilt from not finding her during the attack seemed to lift from their shoulders.

Clover had contemplated sending her mother a letter but soon brushed the idea out of her head as to not worry the woman. She wondered if the muggles even knew what had occurred the night before, if they knew that the same people who raided the campgrounds would kill a muggle without hesitation. Clover highly doubted it, but it was quite astounding just how much the Muggles weren't aware of.

The shock and silence had worn off eventually but Clover still shivered anytime the attack was brought up. She wasn't sure why she was so affected by the whole ordeal- for she wasn't injured or attacked, she had just been frightened. Maybe it was the fact that if Clover hadn't been spotted by Fred and George Weasley, she may have walked straight into a horde of Death Eaters, possibly risking her life.

It had been two weeks since the attack and Clover found that the first of September had crept up on her with remarkable speed.

So, as Clover and Cedric stood on the platform of nine and three quarters, bidding Mr. and Mrs. Diggory goodbye, the girl could only stare at the ground, wondering where all their days of summer had gone.

"Now, stay safe, you two." Mrs. Diggory fussed fretfully, her hands smoothing out Cedric's hoodie as if trying to make him a bit more presentable.

"We will, mum, don't worry!" Cedric chuckled, swatting his mother's hands away as she scolded him under her breath.

"Something big is happening this year." Amos declared almost bursting with excitement as he beckoned for the two to step closer. "We've been warned not to tell you...but something big is happening this year at Hogwarts and your year may be much more different than you think."