13

☆

CLOVER STOOD AMONGST THE CROWD AS PEOPLE began to pile into the large stadium which overlooked Hogwarts and the valley below. The hoots and hollers from the students of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang ripped through the air and echoed throughout the newly built arena. Clover found herself being dragged through the crowds by Hugo as he offered himself up as a human battering ram.

"Move it, people, MOVE IT!" Hugo called out, knocking a few first years out of his way as Clover and Juliette grimaced. "BEST FRIENDS OF THE CHAMPION COMING THROUGH!"

"Let's rein it in a bit, Hugo." Juliette advised, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder as she pulled him back. Clover snickered lightly as Hugo scoffed and whacked the girl's hand away from him.

The three made their way through a few more students before stopping in a relatively clear space that overlooked the rocky terrain of the arena below. For the first time since they'd pushed themselves into the stadium, Clover was able to look around and take in all of her surroundings. In the down in the middle of the stadium lay a rocky display, and in the centre a flat surface with a golden egg which was laying amidst a few other normal dragon eggs. The girl gulped anxiously her teeth sinking into her lip while her eyes flitted over to what she presumed was the champions' tent.

Cedric had been called away by Professor Sprout halfway through breakfast and after a loud cheer of encouragement from his friends, he'd left to prepare for the first task. It was less than half an hour later that the rest of the school had been instructed to follow the professors to the stadium.

"Hey, Clover, you listening?"

Clover refocused herself before turning to face Hugo who was now snapping his fingers in her face to grab her attention.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm listening..."

"Great," Hugo nodded, "Anyways as I was saying, I bet a galleon that Ced would win the first task and I really can't lose."

"Who did you go against?" Clover asked curiously.

"The twins."

"The Weasley twins?!"

"Yeah, they're running bets," Juliette answered whilst Hugo nodded.

"Right you are, Juliette!"

The three turned on their heels to come face to face with Fred and George Weasley as they stood behind the three, both of them clutching open boxes with odds and bets scrawled in chalk.