07

☆

CLOVER CARSTAIRS WAS ALWAYS A MORNING person. Even as a child the girl would wake up at the crack of dawn to get up and dressed- ready to face the day ahead. The girl yawned quietly as she swung her legs over the side of her bed, glancing around at her two roommates whose bodies were tucked under the covers of their beds. However, one of the beds was already empty, meaning the girl was probably already downstairs eating breakfast.

Four girls shared the Hufflepuff dorm; Clover, Louise, Juliette and Harlow. Clover never really bonded with the other two girls like she'd bonded with Juliette, but the four were on good grounds and shared the dorm without any complaints.

The girl grabbed her clothes from the top of her trunk and crept towards the shared dorm bathroom, Clover hummed lightly as she quickly changed into the Hogwarts uniform. The girl draped her tie around her neck, letting it hang loosely. Clover ran a comb through her hair trying to tame the frizz that had built overnight. The girl heard a sharp knock at the bathroom door, causing her to sigh and double-check her appearance before gathering her pyjamas and opening the door.

"It's all yours." Clover smiled, leaving the bathroom as a tired, Louise entered the bathroom with a huff. Clover placed her folded pyjamas back on her freshly made bed and waltzed her way over to Juliette's bedside. The latter seemed to be fast asleep, soft snores leaving her mouth. Clover shook her head and softly prodded Juliette on her shoulder, earning a large groan from the girl.

"Jules...we're going to be late!" Clover huffed, sharply poking the girl's shoulder, "Get up!" Juliette rolled onto her side to come face to face to the girl, who was already dressed in uniform.

"I don't wanna go!" The girl whined, burying her head under her covers. "Can we just bunk off today?"

"It's your first day back, you can't just 'bunk off'." Clover reprimanded the girl with a chuckle, pulling the duvet right off the sleeping girl's body. Juliette let out a shrill, dramatic scream, scrambling to retrieve her quilt but it was too late, Clover had captured and bound it with a quick spell.

"Damn you, Carstairs." Jules grumbled, stepping out of her bed, "Go...get breakfast or something...I'll meet you down there!"

"Fine," Clover nodded, "-but if you're not down in five minutes, I'm getting Hugo to shit on your pillows." With that, the girl left Juliette to get ready, as she bounded down the stairs and into the Hufflepuff common room. She had just made it to the exit of the common room when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back.

"Gooooddddd morningggg, Clover!" Hugo sang, earning a light scoff from the girl. "Ready to eat?"

"All I want is toast." The girl moaned, as the two exited the common room. "-And maybe coffee."