|Chapter 3| Metanoia

"The measure of intelligence is the ability to change" -Albert Einstein

Metanoia: Change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion.

The king was frustrated, to say the least. The screams and discussion he had to abide with the council he commanded made the day he had to be even worse. And after he was done with that, he had to deal with his mother.

At least it wasn't my father. He silently thought, walking out of the courtroom he so much wanted to leave.

His mind desperately told him to go eat, take a shower and sleep for the rest of the night. But his legs, his body, his primal instincts told him not to. They told him he wanted to go take a long, 'relaxing' run by the pack territory and its forest. His wolf continued to nag him about it.

"Go to the forest Dominic." Said his wolf, Xavier. He didn't understand the big deal about taking a 'relaxing' (which for him and his aching muscles was more like exasperating) walk through the territory he had known and grown up in all his life.

'I'm not going anywhere. Not now so shut up for fucks sake-'

'Just go dumbass!' He insulted him back.

"Dominic? Dominic!" His mom called out his name again. She probably wanted nothing more but to annoy him about how she wanted grandchildren. Grandchildren he couldn't give because he hadn't found his mate yet. The typical talk would be given by his mother so many times a week, he memorized it by now.

'When are you going to find her?-' He would always cut her off at that part of the one-sided conversation because trying to talk her out of it, would only engross her more into the topic. His mother wasn't so keen on using foul language, on the contrary, she was a sweetheart, but she was just most probably desperate to become a grandmother.

So reluctantly, Dominic decided to do what Xavier advised him to for once and quickly walked towards the door of the backyard, scratching his clothes, and transforming into his wolf, off to the forest.

The night was intense and thick in the atmosphere. The full moon showed and Dominic resonated, his paws running fastly towards his favorite spot in the whole packland. The Red River. The body of water was connected to a steep waterfall and the Moon's light made it twinkle and shine with the night.

"From the twinkles of the river, their story will begin." Dominic remembered the time he had spent trying to decipher what the latter prophecy meant, 'they' would meet? The only river he knew that sparkled and shined was the one on his own land so he just assumed it was, but who was 'they'? He had no idea.

Suddenly Xavier couldn't control himself anymore. He was howling loudly and jumping and squirming in Dominic's mind. "Could you not? You're going to give me a migraine."