|Chapter 6| Kings and Queens

"To all of the Queens who are fighting alone, baby you're not dancing on your own

"To all of the Queens who are fighting alone, baby you're not dancing on your own." - Ava Max

23 Years Ago

The clock struck 12 and the very tired, very pregnant lady was carrying a tea set for her and her husband to the room. The woman was no one else than Melinda Moon. She opened the door and gently placed the set on the coffee table in front of the ottoman near their bed. The newly-wed couple was never really completely loving of each other. They fought, and the one who'd pretty much start all of the fights, was him: Alexander Moon, the king. The 'king' was a double-faced monster, one side was loyal, loving, and great to the face of the kingdom. The other? Abusive, threatening, and lurking.

And to make matters worse, he only showed that side to his 'family' which to him was completely nothing. He only cared for power, richness, and pleasure. He had controlled his son and wife from an early stage and he made sure they wouldn't be happy with him around. But thankfully, the 'king' sailed away in his luxurious yachts and took long 'business trips' leaving his son and wife alone. This made the queen sad and depressed, her so-called destined mate was off to the middle of nowhere doing who knows what. She was tired of him and her horrible life.

But in the midst of all her troubles, she was given Dominic. He was the only thing she thought would save their marriage; their son. Even if they didn't have the best relationship, they still needed a blood heir for the throne.

Walking to the other side of the cold bed, she took her cup of tea and slowly sipped a splint of it, while reading a book. She didn't understand why. Why had the moon goddess given her this horrible fate? 

The only good thing that she had gained from marrying Alexander was Dominic and the eternal life she gained. Yes, she could be killed easily by a weapon, she's not at all undefeatable. But she could not die of old age. That's the blessing gifted to all the royals of the kingdom, one that the goddess had given centuries ago.

Unquestionably, her little boy would inherit the gift, but so did her husband. Which made her worry, she didn't want a life with him anymore, but it would be difficult when he's immortal.

Little Dominic grew and grew, when he was 12 he almost killed another little boy while play-sparring. When he was 16, he played with silver daggers, throwing them like darts. Just keep in mind, if the silver ever touched his body it would've burned him, no matter how immortal he was. He knew the danger, he just loved it.

He loved pushing everyone's buttons when he was younger, he was an arrogant boy if you ever saw one. But it all changed when he hit maturity, when he was 18 he became an adult. Patient, strong, dominating, and cold. Just like his father (without the patience, of course). He was crowned at his 21st birthday, without a queen. His father couldn't have the title anymore, he had been ruling for too long. The werewolf world needed a new king desperately. So Dominic stepped up, without the queen he so desperately desired. You know what they say: In chess, the king can move one space at a time, but queens are free to go wherever they like.