|Chapter 8| Under The Crescent Moon

TYSM FOR 1K+ READS! This is a dream come true honestly. I wanted to dedicate this chapter to the people who have voted and commented, those interactions mean a lot to me. Now, enjoy this golden edition chapter! :)

"She was a Moon Child, as mysterious as the night

"She was a Moon Child, as mysterious as the night. Never one to show to the world, how beautiful was her light."-Nadia

The clock marked eight. The sparring competition was on it's full blow. The undefeated king strived into the masses, everyone cheered and admired him, they also seemed to clap for a little Ophelia sprangled all over his side. Her blush was visible through the white moon's shine and the people admired her beauty and poise. Their eyes held nothing but admiration when they saw that the king had finally found their Luna.

Lights flickered into burning torches that illuminated the battle surface. It was just on the simple grass floor in the backyard of a not-so-big house. One that Dominic had told Ophelia was their clubhouse as kids, now it's the place where celebrations were held every year.

Ophelia took a deep breath, preparing herself mentally for the much-awaited call she'd get when the introducer would say her name. Dominic noticed her nervousness, he knew how nerve-racking it was to see so many people at once, and placed his hand on hers, his rough calloused hands making contact with her delicate, soft ones.

Why is she so nervous? The king thought. He could hear her scampering heartbeat and her hands were becoming sweaty. No doubt was she planning something.

The announcer moved on with saying the names of each competitor. Starting with last year's winner: Dominic. The crowds cheered and he reluctantly left Ophelia, but not before giving her a light peck on the forehead. She smiled softly, the contact seeming to calm her nerves. Her newfound senses made her much more aware of how everything surrounding her was. She didn't have any idea why she had been growing such effects just this night, but she wasn't complaining. She had to be on her A game, and the senses she gained gave her the much-awaited help she needed to beat Dominic.

Thinking about defeating him, she smirked quietly. The presenter continued announcing, the competitors were men and women that looked ready to kill. Some were scarier than others which made her feel nervous again. She took a deep breath, waiting for the announcer to call her name, she went into the crowd, getting her black dress off, revealing her pink sports wear.

"And finally ladies and gentlemen, our last, and newest competitor for tonight: Ophelia Quincy Adams!" The presenter roared, Ophelia breathed in and out and walked onto the floor. The people around her seemed surprised, such a delicate and quiet woman, competing for the crown against the king himself? She looked back at Dominic's eyes not only seeing surprise, but also rage.

She had disobeyed him, she was competing. She was fucking competing. And when she saw him, she just smiled. A smile he knew rested innocence but also pure mischief. Dominic was mad. He knew that Ophelia wouldn't rest a chance against the weakest link. It's not that he thought she was weak. He knew. She couldn't even hurt a fly, less knock out someone.