Chapter-4

Eddy watched over Brett, sleeping peacefully in the nurse’s office. Eddy took his sweet time to look at how adorable Brett is, he studied Brett’s face, his features and his hands were beautiful. Eddy was curious if Brett plays any instrument.

He snapped out of his thoughts when the nurse came in.

“Is he going to be alright?” Eddy asked with a worried tone.

“Oh, yes. I just gave him something for him to relax. This sometimes happens when he is stressed, but he will be alright. You can return to your class now Eddy”

“But-”

“No buts. Miss Annie wouldn’t like you to miss classes. I will be here, Brett will probably wake up when class is over so don’t worry about it” she reassured.

Eddy had no other choice than to return back. He just wish time would go faster

.
.

Class was over and Eddy sprinted towards the nurse’s office, the storm had calmed down but it was still sprinkling. Eddy knocked on the door but there was no reply, he looked up and found a notice paper stating that there was a meeting being held.

But Eddy wanted to make sure if Brett was still there so he went in. He scanned the room but there was no one to be seen.

Brett must have gone home- he thought.

When he was about to go back, he saw something in the corner of his eyes. Brett’s backpack was still there.

Eddy was really worried now. Brett was sick but where would he have gone to? Eddy took Brett’s backpack and started searching for Brett. The hallways were empty as all the students had gone rushing towards home fearing another storm would come.

But Brett was afraid of thunderstorms so, he wouldn’t have gone outside all alone. Eddy started looking at all the rooms but Brett was nowhere to be seen.

There were only two places which was left- the rooftop and the garbage area behind the backyard.

Eddy was running in the rain towards the backyard when suddenly, he heard Brett yelped.

Eddy ran towards the voice of Brett. And there, he saw Roger and Michael. Eddy looked at Brett crouching down, his eyes were all puffy and red, tears lingering on his face but the worst was that Brett looked so lifeless as if he accepted his fate, he was not even trying to run away or fight back.

Eddy was furious.

“Roger, you prick! Get away from him right now!”

“Or what? This little bastard doesn’t even have a dollar on him” He laughed

“Shut up or else, I will inform the teachers about this”

“Edward, I have a question. Why the sudden interest in this puppy? Does this puppy have a new master? Or-”

Eddy punched Roger on the face, Rogers falls to the ground and he kicked Michael on the stomach.

“I will say this just once. Get away from him” Eddy ordered.

“Just you wait Edward ” Michael threatened as he held up Roger and walked away.

Eddy helped Brett to sit up, they were both wet.

But all of a sudden, Brett hugged Eddy and started crying. Eddy was frozen but the way small Brett snuggled to his chest made his hands slowly patting Brett head saying

“Cry all you want. It’s over. I’m here now”