Chapter-7

I apologise for the long wait. I had been busy hehe. Anyways, on with Chapter-7.  ENJOY!!

________________________________

The bell rang and class ended. Brett was looking out the window and saw how the sky was darkening. He packed his bags and stood up-

“ You ready, Eddy?”

“Yup” Eddy smiled.

They head out together; walking fast to reach Brett’s house before the storm.

“So, Brett. Any sign of Roger?”

“No, thankfully. Saw him during lunch break but he didn’t even look at me”

“See? I am your knight in shining armour” Eddy boast at Brett.

“Okay okay, Shining Knight. But yet again, thank you”

“Oh, no need to get all cheesy mate.”

“Yeah, yeah. We're almost there, just right around the corner”

“Oh, dude! Our houses are close to each other, maybe i could sleepover”

"Yeah, right. You gotta practice or your mom will kung pao your chicken" Brett teased

“Yeah, hahaha. Umm, Brett?"

"Hmm?”

“If you don’t mind me asking, when did you know you are astraphobic?”

At that question, Brett’s eye widened. A memory that he forced not to remember flashed before his eyes. He chuckled nervously-

“Why did you want to know? Oh, we’re here. Come on in” Brett unlocked the door dodging Eddy’s question.

Eddy was checking out Brett’s house-

“Follow me. You’re clothes are upstairs at my room”

“Okay”

They walked up and they reached Brett’s room, just as Brett was opening the door, Eddy questioned-

“ Oh and one more question, umm, there was this rumour about your dad and-”

At that, Brett slammed the door open.

Eddy flinched.

“Why are you asking me this?!!! I tried to forget all of those!! I tried my best!! Why do you keep bringing it up?! Please just stop” Brett cried.

“ Brett. I’m sorry. I didn’t know that-” Eddy tried to reason Brett.

“Please get out!” Brett cried.

With that Eddy ran out, he was running aimlessly, rain started pouring but Eddy didn’t even mind it.

While Brett was crouching down on the floor, crying.

Suddenly, lightning flashed across the sky and a thunderous roar followed.

Eddy halted and looked back

Brett- he thought.

.

.

Brett was hiding under the covers on his bed, sitting with his hands on his ears trying to block the noise out. His eyes didn’t even dare to open. He flinched every time when he heard the roars. He couldn’t stop shivering and definitely couldn’t stop crying.

When suddenly, he heard his bedroom door opens.

He opened his eyes and saw Eddy dripping wet.

“Ed-”

Eddy had placed his headphone on Brett and played a piece ‘Prelude’ on full volume, shutting every sound out, he pulled the covers above them and hugged Brett tight.

Brett couldn’t hear any roars but the sound of a beautiful violin which was so relaxing and calming. He hugged Eddy back and closed his eyes tight. Eddy was dripping wet but he was so warm, it made Brett feel like he was protected.

Eddy was smiling when Brett hugged him back, he likes how Brett’s small frame fits perfectly into his arms, even though he knew Brett was a year older, he secretly loves Brett’s height, his snow-like skin, his fluffy cheeks and his rosey lips.

But Eddy knew he would never say these things to Brett ever; that would ruin their friendship. He would rather keep quiet and make Brett smile everyday rather than exposing himself.

About 20 minutes had passed, the storm died down. Eddy felt like it was only 10 minutes but he was worried about Brett so he broke the hug. Brett looked sleepy.

“Brett, its alright now.” Eddy spoke softly.

From that, Brett snapped back to reality, took the headphone off but couldn’t bring himself to look at Eddy because he knew his face was all red.

“Umm, thank yo-”

“That’s what friends are for right?”

“Oh my gosh. You’re all wet. You might get sick, here you can wear your clothes, i will get-” when Brett tried to stand up, Eddy held Brett’s hand.

“I’m sorry for saying those things. I had no idea that-”

“No, I’m sorry for snapping at you. Its just, that... i have a really bad memory of it that i am not ready to talk about it, it's very.umm.. traumatic. ”

“I am really sorry about that. But i want to say that i never believed in any of those rumours Brett. You can trust me.”

Brett looked at Eddy’s eyes and all he can see was sincerity. Brett smiled at Eddy that makes Eddy’s heart skipped a beat.

“Let me get your clothes, you look like a wet puppy” Brett chuckled

From that moment on, Brett knew that he could trust Eddy, he knew that he would keep his words and for Brett, that was more than enough.  

Since then, the two were inseparable. Going to school together, drink bubble tea together, play together, they would never fight; not even once.

Just like that one whole year had gone away. They never left each other, being the best of friends in everything. Their bonds were growing, more stronger than ever.

________________________________

I would like to thank all the readers for your time to read this fanfic. It makes me so happy. 🥰