First Day on the Job

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Today was my first day as a surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital and I couldn't be more excited. I got ready pulling my long blond hair back into a tight pony and got dressed. As I made her way down the stairs My twin passed her rushing upstairs.

"You aren't even dressed yet Mer?" I shouted as she passed me "You better not make us late" I continued as I got to the bottom of the stairs. However, I wasn't expecting to be met by an unknown man stood without a shirt in her living room.

"Hi" The man said with a charming smile on his face.

"This is my house" I replied wondering what the man was doing there.

"Oh, I'm Derek a friend of... A friend of Meredith" He answered not sure who the girl in front of him was.

I chuckled slightly at the use of Friend "I'm sure you and my sister are great friends" I said with a smirk "However knowing Meredith I'm sure she asked you to leave"

Derek nodded and put on his shirt and promptly left allowing Me to grab something to eat.

******

Ten minutes later Meredith was running downstairs dressed and ready. "I met your new friend" I smirked as we made our way out of the house towards the car.

Meredith chuckled and sighed "Welcome to Seattle" She said with a big smile on her face as they got in the car.

"How are you feeling" Meredith asked as I drove. Honestly, I was terrified. She didn't know how today was going to go.

I sighed "I don't know. I'm excited. This is what we have been waiting for. But I'm terrified too" I honestly said and Meredith nodded.

"I'm the same. We will be fine though. We are both in the same intern group. We will be fine" Meredith said with a smile.

*******

Once they had gotten to the hospital they where given the tour of the placed until they finally reached the place they all wanted to be. The OR. This is what all the interns hard work was leading to. To be able to cut into people and help them. The Chief of surgery started giving a long speech, but I was too distracted by everything else in the room. The instruments, The machines and the other people she would be working with.

After the tour they were shown where to get their scrubs and then shown to their locker room. It was chaos then. Meredith grabbed my hand to ensure we got a locker next to one another. "that was amazing" I said to Meredith and she nodded looking around as she put on her scrubs and lab coat. I followed suit sitting down next to a Asian girl with long curly black hair.

"Only Seven women out of twenty" Meredith pointed out and I nodded

The girl sat next to me spoke up "Yeh and I heard one of them is a model. Seriously like that's going to help with the respect thing" she said with a laugh "you aren't the model are you?" She asked with a chuckle and I shook my head

"No you are good I responded with a laugh

Youre Christina right? Meredith asked and the girl nodded

Which resident are you two assigned to? Christina asked "I got Baily" She continued to say and I nodded.

"The Nazi? Yeh us too" Meredith said gesturing towards us.

"Why do you think they are called the Nazi?" I asked with a little worry in my voice but neither of the other two answer me. As we are talking a young male intern with scruffy brown hair walks up to us. He has a big awkward smile on his face and is mainly looking towards Meredith causing me to laugh. It was only our first day and she already had a boy pining after her.

"You got the Nazi?" The boy asked us and I nodded "So did I" He continued to ramble but my mind wondered about what today would entail. Maybe I would get to do some cutting. Or maybe I will get to watch a procedure up close.

"No I'm not gay" George said pulling me out of my thoughts making me laugh slightly. I looked over to him sympathetically as I followed my sister with his eyes making me chuckle to myself.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Grey, Stevens" A doctor stood at the door called out. This was it. I would be spending hours with these four people.

*******

Hi so I wanted to start this for a while. Hope you like it!