The Amazing Dr Shepherd

"007" George said as we where sat in a quiet corridor somewhere in the basement of the hospital. It was nice for a break. No doctors, no patients, just us.

"They are calling me 007" George continued and we all disagree

"No they aren't" I said at the same time Izzie and Meredith said "No one's calling you 007" George looked up to us and I smiled at him. They where calling him 007, but he didn't need to know that.

"I was on the elevator and murphy whispered 007" George continued not believing the lie we where telling him.

"Well Murphy is an idiot." I said with a smile. This wasn't technically a lie.

"How many times do we have to tell you this, George" Christina said exasperated obviously annoyed "Five? Ten? Give us a number or else I'm going to hit you." She finished and I laughed.

However George still wasn't convinced and went back to the Elevator.

"He wasn't talking about you" Izzie said almost convincingly

"You sure?" George asked and Meredith laughed.

"Would we lie to you?" She asked with a big fake smile and George rolled his eyes

"Yes" He simply said

"Oh come on George. So you messed up a little. It's our first day" I said trying to be optimistic.

Christina then spoke up "007 is a state of mind" She said and I hummed in agreement.

"Says the girl who finished top of her class at Stanford" George replied and I laughed.

We where sat for a while when Meredith takes off running after getting a page saying something about Katie her patient. After that I decided to go find Bailey for a new assignment.

I found the woman at the nurses station "Dr Bailey?" I asked, my voice shaking a little.

"What is it?" She asked and I swallowed

"The Doctor running the ER says that I'm not needed down there anymore so I need a new assignment" I said looking at her and she nodded.

"They need help at post OP" She said and I nodded and left straight away.

I got to the post OP wing and it looked chaotic. I walked up to the nurses station and grabbed some charts and start combing through memorizing who has been checked on and who hasn't. I have only gotten through a few charts when I feel someone stood next to me. I look up and am met with the same cocky grin from in the viewing room.

"Karev" I say as he puts down one of his charts.

"You with me Grey?" He said and I laughed.

"No I'm on post-op like you but I'm not with you" I said glaring at him.

"Oh come on Grey don't be like that. Y'know this" He started saying pointing between us "Could be fun" causing me to roll my eyes.

"This" I said mocking his gesture "Is nothing okay?" I asked and picked up a chart and walked away to a patients room.

*****

After some time I was stood at the nurses station when Meredith joins me just in time to hear Karev talk to a nurse in the most vile way. He comes up to us and introduces himself to Meredith who puts him in his place immediately.

"She may not have pneumonia, you know" Meredith said after Alex told us his fist name. "She could be splitting or have PE." She said and I nodded.

"I'm happy to take a look" I said with a sickly sweet smile on my face and Alex just glared at me "What no sarcastic comeback?" I asked with fake hurt causing Meredith to laugh.