I have no idea what I'm doing

The five of us all gathered our things and walked up to the to the doctor that called out our name.

"Bailey?" Christina asked and the doctor pointed us in the right direction. At the end of the hall stood a short woman with a stern look on her face. "That's the Nazi?" Christina asked and I looked over to her.

"I thought the Nazi would be a guy" George said and I scoffed.

"That's sexist" I said with a laugh and Christina nodded in agreement.

"I thought the Nazi would be... A Nazi" Meredith said as soon as she finished her sentence a tall pretty blond strutted past.

"Maybe it's professional jealousy." The blond who I assumed was Stevens said as she was putting up her hair. "Maybe she's brilliant and they call her the Nazi because they are jealous. Maybe she nice" She rambles on and me and Christina look at each other trying not to laugh.

"Let me guess. You're the model" Christina asked as we approached Baily and I smirked at Christina's comment.

Once we approached the 'Nazi' The Model extended her hand out to the short woman. "Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie" She said earning a glare from the resident in front of her.

"I have five rules memorise them." Bailey started not even bothering with Izzie's handshake. "Rule number one don't bother sucking up, I already hate you that's not gonna change." The woman looks towards the bench next to her and speaks again "Trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers. Nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run, that's rule number two" She says as she starts to walk away and we all scramble to grab our pagers and follow her "Your fist shift starts now and lasts forty-eight hours. You're interns, Grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain, you write labs take orders, work every night until you drop and don't complain." We enter a small room with about five beds and Baily turns on the light "On call rooms. Attendings hog them, sleep when you can where you can, which brings me to rule number three, if I am sleeping, don't wake me unless your patient is dying. Rule number four the patient better not be dying when I get there, not only would you have killed someone you would have woken me for no damn reason am I clear.?"

I looked down at my notes and ran through everything realising something but before I could say anything my sister raised her hand. "Yes?" Bailey asked almost annoyed.

"You said five rules" Meredith said and I nodded in agreement "That was only four" just as Meredith finished her query Bailey's pager went off and she moves through the middle of us.

"Rule number five. When I move you move" She says as she starts to run down the hall and we all follow.

In no time at all we where all at the helicopter pad waiting for the incoming patient. We all rush with the gurney towards it as the paramedic load the girl onto the stretcher.

"What we got?" Bailey asked wanting to know all the details.

"Katie Bryce, Fifteen-year-old female, new on-set seizures, intermittent for the past week, ID lost en-route, started grand mal seizing as we descended." The paramedic explained as we wheeled her towards a room.

From then it was chaos. Bailey was giving us orders on how to treat the seizure making sure to tell us if we weren't doing something right. Once the seizures died down a tall man in dark blue scrubs entered the room and Bailey passed him Katie's chart.

"So I heard we got a wet fish on dry land" The man said causing me to chuckle slightly earning a stern look from my sister. I sent her an apologetic look in response.

"Absolutely Dr Burke" Bailey responded.

Burke took a second to look at the chart he was handed until he decided on a course of action "Dr Bailey, I'm gonna shotgun her" He said handing the chart back to the short woman and promptly leaving the room.

"That means every test in the book, CT, CBC, chem. seven, a tox screen, Christina, you're on labs, George, patient work ups, Hannah, sutures down in the pit, Meredith get Katie for a CT, she's your responsibility now" Bailey said giving us all assignments. I was pretty happy with mine. I loved suturing. I was pretty decent at it if I was honest.

Down in the pit there where a lot of patients. Some with minor cuts that only required tape and some more serious ones that required a few stitches. After a couple hours, a broken finger and a cut open leg later I was directed to my next patient.

She was in her early 20's and had a big gash on her forehead. I did all the usual tests but something just felt off. "Hey could you get he a neuro guy here please." I asked one of the nurses giving me a hand "Something just doesn't feel right" I said and the nurse nodded and walked off.

A few minutes passed and the curtain was pulled open "You requested a Neuro consult Dr Grey?" The voice asked and I turned around and was met with a familiar face. Someone I had met this morning. Meredith's 'friend' Derek.

"I'm Dr Shepherd new Head of Neuro" He said as if he didn't know who I was and I just nodded. "Can I help Dr Grey?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeh. Um. this is Sara Mills, 23, Fell down her stairs at home and hit her head. Look's like a minor head injury but I didn't want to suture her up and send her home without neuro" I explains as Derek, or should I say Dr Shepherd walked past to the patient.

"Head injury does look minor but I think I will admit her just to be safe if that is okay with you Miss Mills" He said asking the patient who replied with a nod.

Derek then gestured for a nurse to come over and sit with the woman as he pulled me aside.

"So you and your sister work here?" He asked making me laugh slightly.

"Did you know you where her boss before you slept with her?" I asked half joking half pissed but he shook his head.

"I didn't know" He said "look your sister will probably talk to you about this but could you keep it quiet?" He asked and I sighed

"So she knows?" I asked and he nodded and I nodded back. It wasn't for me to tell in all honesty.

"Well then get back to work" He said shortly and I nodded returning back to the many broken fingers, cuts and bruises.

******

Hi so I hope you like this new chapter. I want to make Hannah and Derek good friends so I have tried to start that friendship here. I am so happy with how this is going!