Call Two

9.00PM

- Sungun Hotpot Place –

"Geonbae!"

The officers raised their soju glasses and tipped the alcohol down their throats. After successfully completed their mission, the Violent Crimes unit enjoyed a feast of three hotpots with a wide variety of seafood and meat.

Laughing away, Sungyoon brought his glass towards Jangjun who happily poured for him.

"Nothing beats soju after a three-days stakeout, right, Sunbae?!" Jangjun chuckled and poured some in his own glass.

Sungyoon nodded crookedly and his lips broke up a smile. "Don't leave my glass empty then, Pabo-yah."

Jangjun tickled himself and waved a thumbs up as a yes that he heard his senior loud and clear.

Youngtaek swallowed the food in his mouth and grinned. "Yah, I was gobsmacked when I watched Sungyoon jump onto their leader. I seriously thought he would have escaped! Yah, no one can run away from Sungyoon-Sunbae!"

"Don't be oblivious, Son Youngtaek. We are talking about Sungyoon-Sunbae. Nobody can beat him in running. Seriously, jinjja. Nobody wants to play catching with him. His childhood must be boring!" Jangjun said as he laughed heartily even though he noticed the senior's glare on his face.

The restaurant owner, an old lady in her late fifties, came by to add more ingredients and expressed her feelings of being honoured to serve the detectives.

"Aigoo, have the other officers lost their jobs?" She joked, patting the Chief's shoulder. "You lot seemed to be the only ones catching the bad guys."

Daeyeol blushed at the praise. "Jinjja, Ahjumma! Our team is the best in the whole South Korea! Even with the American Special Forces or FBI or whatever Avengers, we are definitely better."

"Stop exaggerating, aigoo. It must be the age," Sungyoon grumbled playfully behind a smile.

"Yah," Daeyeol hit the table with his hand. "Stop poking on my age, hajima. Aren't you glad you're teaming up with us?!"

Sungyoon could not answer his senior as his phone rang. Jangjun even insisted to answer it for him, because the caller was their colleague who belonged to the other team.

Speaking like a happy drunkard, Sungyoon answered it.

"Yah, Donghyunie! We're at the old lady's place. Come over and join us!"

His teammates joined in with his laughter but the caller seemed uninterested.

In matter of fact, he sounded worried.

"Sungyoon-hyung, have you spoken to Jihye lately?"

Sungyoon snorted and smirked. "Why are you asking about my fiancee? Yah, you talked to her or something?"

"Ani... Hyung."

"I think she called me earlier. Why?" Sungyoon answered nonchalantly as he picked up a slice of grilled meat with his chopsticks.

"Sungyoon-Hyung. Listen to me, okay. I am at Eunhyeong-dong. There was a murder case here and I'm with Chief Hwang."

"So, you're busy!" The meat went into Sungyoon's mouth as he chewed and chuckled. "Aigoo, too bad you cannot join us, Donghyunie! We are going for another round!"

"The victim is a lady," Donghyun sighed before continuing. "When we opened her wallet, we found... We found your fiancée' ID."

Sungyoon swallowed the meat slowly.