T W E L V E.

I was walking down the street, with my hands inside the pockets of my worn out jean jacket. Matt texted me he was going to see me in the park, I was wondering why. Since last night at the party, things felt a little bit different. It was a good kind of different though. I entered the park, a slight breeze lift the leaves from the ground and then making them fall one by one. The air was a bit cool, the sun rays were warming my skin as they glow between the spaces of the thick clouds shifting through the sky. The pathway that was leading me to Matt was nothing more than random rocks, perfectly positioned to make a dull grey mosaic. Few bushes were plotted around the park, to make a perfect organization of such.

I saw him at a distance. I nervously approached him. ''Matt,'' I mumbled behind him. He turned around, holding a box of chocolates. ''Hi.'' I waved, nervously. I tried to keep myself calmed, but it was a hard task for me. He gets to me.

''I brought you this,'' He handed me the red box, I took it with my shaking hands and smiled at him. ''You look pretty.''

''Thank you,'' I blushed. ''For both.''

''Open the box when you get to your place, please.''

''Sure, I will.'' He was standing in front of me, looking everywhere around him and so was I. Words were not present, except for the sound of people talking, passing right by us. Kids were laughing at the end of the park and running in circles, probably playing tag. But then, my eyes were on him, who was examining every inch of my face and his eyes were glowing gold.

''It was good to see you.''

''I know, it was good seeing you too.''

''So...'' He said, with his hands inside his pockets. I wanted to say something else, but the whole situation was a tad awkward. Thing is, I really wanted to open the box, as in right now. I was wondering what was so mysterious about it, since he wanted me to open until I got home. 

''Would you like to go out and do something fun?'' I asked, nervously. He'd probably say no.

''Movies,'' He stated, serious. ''I'll pick you up at seven.'' He kissed my cheek and then left me standing there with a silly smile on my face. I was feeling like a little kid, but it was a good feeling. Damn you and your quirks, Matt Galdieri.

● ● ●

''Mom, I'm going out with Matt.'' She was standing at the door frame, supporting herself with one part of her body.

''I'd love to meet him.'' She gave me seducing face expression, then a giggle escaped her red stained lips.

''Not yet,'' She sat down on the bed, crossed leg, watching me do my make up. ''I think I'll scare him off if I bring him here, inside the house and you know.''

''I know, but if he's the one, he won't run away scared.'' She was right. I just didn't want to take any chances in proving that, at least not right now. I didn't want this to end as fast as it started. Not this time.

''Right,'' I turned around, placing my body against my bureau, facing her. ''I think he's something different,'' I shook my head. ''Forget thinking, I know he is something different. I'm just scared he'll find out I'm not as great as I look on the outside.''

''You are a nice person.''

''I have issues mom,'' I looked down. ''I'm not at all fine up in the head, and you know it. I know it.''

''I know, but you have to be careful. He may seem like a total charm, but sometimes those are the ones that leave the deepest wounds. Trust me.'' She kissed my temple and left the room, leaving a life lesson along the way. Moms always know best, that is something I've learned along the several different and ephemeral situations in my life. My mom knows when something is not good for me and she knows when something will do me right. And even though I'm trying to pretend he won't leave a wound, he probably will. Everyone ends up hurting us, whether it's for good or not. It's just part of life and who we are supposed to be.

● ● ●

We walked side by side on the sidewalk, feeling the cold freezing my bones. There was a lot of wind too, so it played along with my hair, making it messier and falling right on Matt's face.

''Sorry.'' We both chuckled, but his laugh was harder than mine.

''What are we watching?'' He asked, smirking at me.

''Let's watch anything you want.'' I slightly shrugged, feeling every limb of my body tremble from his presence.

''I asked you first.''

''I just have no idea what movies are on the list.'' I shrugged, my hands inside the pocket of my maroon coat.

''Okay, we'll choose when we get there. How was the rest of your day?'' He asked, taking a deep breath. ''Did you opened the box?''

''Not yet, I was waiting to open it after tonight.''

''Really?''

''Mhm,'' I nodded, smiling at him from the corner of my eye. ''What's in it?''

''You'll have to open it to see.'' I elbowed him, after he spoke.

''Come on, tell me.'' I begged, since curiosity was killing me inside out.

"Just wait, it'll be a nice surprise."

We got to the cinema and there was a long line waiting on the ticket booth. We stood side by side, his hand was upon my back, not clutching on my waist or anything, which felt nice. My feet were tapping on the floor, to make myself think about something else rather than think about the cold vibrating through every bone of mine.

''Come here.'' His arms wrapped me in a hug and it totally took me by surprise. My head was buried in his chest as he kissed my forehead, then he rested his head on mine.

''This feels nice.'' I mumbled under my breath, I felt him nodding and a smile stretched out on my lips as I closed my eyes and pretended to freeze time so I could stay like this forever in his arms.

''I know,'' He chuckled. ''I've wanted to do this for a long time.''

''Seriously?''

''Yeah,'' I took a deep breath as I listened to the words he was speaking. ''I really hope you enjoy the box.''

''I will,'' We let go since we were now, the first ones of the line. He took out his wallet and bought two tickets for 'The Amazing Spiderman'. We walked inside the theatre and I noticed the amount of people that decided to come and watch a movie. ''Thanks.''

''For what?'' He asked, scrunching his eyebrows, looking fixedly at me.

''The tickets.''

''It was my pleasure.'' His lips were pressed against my temple and then we headed to door with the huge number five on top.

● ● ●

After the movie was over he walked me home, and he slightly touched my hand and I knew he wanted to grab it. But I didn't want to give in that quickly. I ran upstairs and closed the door from my room really tight as I hurried myself to open the box. It was small, but I was excited to see what it had inside. I took off the lid and found chocolates and a white folded paper. I stared it at it, figuring out what to do. So after pondering about it, I took it in my hands and opened it. I noticed his letter was written in red and black and it brought a big smile on my face since red was my favorite color. He knew that.

Dear Lily Smith,
I'm taking the time to write a 'letter'. I've been having feelings for you lately. Strong feelings. I like it when you smile and when you talk about something you like. The wrinkles in the corner of your eyes appear and it makes you look so cute. It's easy for me to put into words what I feel, because the words flow easy and it's nice to feel this way. It's nice to have someone giving you reasons to smile and you are.

I want you to know that you put the biggest smile on my face whenever I think of you or whenever I see you, time with you is always worth it.

I really care for you Lily, I really do.

P.S Red is your favorite color and Hershey's are your favorite chocolates. I remembered that.

I could feel my cheeks hurting from the huge smile this letter provoked on my face. I re-read it over again and it made me smile even more. Thank you Matt, thank you for this. Thank you for giving me another reason to believe you'll never do me wrong.