N I N E.

Friday was finally here and Matt and I have talked every day since last time we were studying, he's really sweet and he told me he wasn't seeing anyone. Which is a pretty good thing, since I liked him and something deep inside of me wanted to believe he liked me too.

I'm a strong believer in 11:11 wishes and stuff like that, and he's been in so many of those wishes, it's hard to imagine not wishing about him anymore. I wanted so bad to have a taste of his love, in the most innocent and lovely of ways, because something about him was so inviting. It was calling out my name, and I didn't know what to feel whenever I was with him or whenever he spoke about the things he liked, because his eyes sparkled a little more and his smile was a bit wider whenever something he loves came up to the conversation. I loved seeing peeople happy, I loved seeing him happy.

''I'll be there in five minutes.'' Alex spoke over the phone, while I was pacing back and forth in my room, trying to keep myself together. I couldn't stop creating scenarios in my head of how things should go, I wanted tonight to be great and for it to mark something, not only for me, but for him as well. Five minutes have passed and Alex was still not here, she was always late for everything and then I was interrupted by the vibrations coming from my phone, placed still on the night stand.

Red or white wine?

My phone buzzed, causing a weird noise on the wood from the night stand. It was a text from him and it caused a wide out smile on my face, I could feel my cheeks burning from the stretching out of lips, and I didn't hesitate to reply.

Whatever you choose is fine by me.

White it is! :)

I chuckled on my own and didn't reply, but I was counting the seconds left to see him. I was acting all silly and bubbly, but he is really making up 95% of my thoughts and it somehow feels good. 

The door bell rang and I rushed to open the door. Mr. Undermayer was on the door, holding Jamie's hand.

"Hey, good night, did they have fun?" I asked, I messed up Jamie's soft caramel hair as he entered the house.

"Yeah," He cleared his throat. "Jamie said he was tired so I brought him home." 

"Thanks Mr. Undermayer."

"Anytime." He slightly waved as he walked away. Jamie was already on the sofa, playing with his Nintendo DS. His eyes were focused on the screen, so I headed toward him and sat down.

"Did you have fun?"

"Kinda," He smirked. "We got into a fight."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I took him in a hug and placed a kiss on his hand. His caramel hair smelled like bubblegum and it made me smile. The scent took me back to the time my hair smelled like that too. My mother used to wash my hair with that exact same shampoo, L'Oreal Kids, the one with the fish shaped bottle. Now they've changed the bottle, but it's still the very same. 

"It's okay," He closed the Nintendo DS and looked straight to me. "You look pretty."

"You think so?"

"You always look pretty," He looked down. "You are my sister." I got teary eyed. 

"Thank you for that," I hugged him tighter. "I love you." I kissed his head again and walked away. I headed to my room and checked my phone, no sight of any Alex text message or missed call. I rolled my eyes and threw my body on the bed, feeling the cold feeling left due to the eiderdown's material. I smiled, looking blankly at the ceiling. I couldn't wait any longer.

● ● ●

We arrived at his place, Alex was standing right next to me, both staring blankly at the door bell. We were hesitating to make any move, since I was nervous and I was making her nervous all the way through this whole process of arriving at Matt's place. If Zoey were here, she'd ring the door bell right away. But she wasn't, so we had to do it ourselves.