E I G H T.

He was sitting on the chair across me, his eyes were following the words of his text book. His hands were playing with the pages and his feet were tapping on the floor, he furrowed his eye brows, focusing on the information processing into his brain. I couldn't stop looking at him and I didn't want him to catch me eyeing him. The table served its purpose, supporting our elbows and the scattered pages with important information.

His eye brows were still furrowed. ''I don't understand this.'' He shook his head, as he put his hands together. Supporting them with his elbows. 

''Neither do I.'' I lied.

''I'm so going to fail this quiz.'' He looked so frustrated. The tone in his voice seemed helpless, like he knew he was really going to do bad on the exam.

''Don't worry, we'll make it.'' My eyes met his and he offered me a warm smile, trying to not ignore the comment I just made.

''Let's talk about something interesting.'' He shut the text book and slide it away from him, my eyes glanced at every movement he made with his hands, until I felt his eyes were waiting to meet mine.

''Like what?'' I raised my eye sight to him.

''What's your favorite food?'' He slapped his hand on the round table, pressing his lips together.

''I love Italian,'' I moaned. I could imagine the greasy, cheesy pizza seducing me in front of my eyes. Or the smell of lasagna waking me up from a trance. ''Like pizza and lasagna and basically every Italian food there is.'' He chuckled.

''I love grilled beef, I just-'' He moaned too, making some weird movements with his hands. ''I don't know, I just love it.'' I laughed, catching everyone's attention from the loud sound of my laugh.

''Yeah, tastes good.'' I was trying to keep the conversation going and since my lack of ability to keep an actual conversation going, that was all that came out of my mouth. Stupid me. Why did he even wanted to study with me? I mean I was utterly boring and he was utterly fascinating, every word he spoke was chosen wisely. Unlike me, I speak before thinking and that's something that gets me into trouble. Sometimes I don't say what I want, but sometimes I say too much.

''Favorite music?''

''Uh-'' I thought about it for a few seconds. ''I actually love everything mainstream.''

''Like what?'' He chuckled, I heard his laugh as I put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

''I love pop music, like everything that plays on the radio.''

''I'm really into Coldplay and The Script.'' His hands were cupped together as he leaned his seat and his body closer.

''I love them!'' I threw my hands up in the air, showing my excitement. ''I'm in love with 'A Sky Full of Stars', it makes me feel something wonderful.''

''It's one of my favorites.'' I chuckled, then silence broke in, filling the space between our bodies. He stood up, and went to talk to one of the guys that just entered the study room. He was tall, with brown hair and his belly was showing a little bit, I giggled and then went to my text book. Pretending I was reading, I could easily hear the conversation they were having.

"We'll see each other at my place on Friday then?"

"Sure man," The other boy replied to Matt's question, and from the corner of my eye I saw them shaking hands. "See you." Matt approached our table with a grin on his face.

He sat down on the same seat. "I'm having a small get-together on Friday, you should come."

"Really?" I scratched my forehead. "Uh, sure, I'll be there."

"You can take your friends." His voice was low and a smile stretched on his lips right before getting back to his book.

''I'll let them know.'' My eyes met his fingers and how they played with the tip of the pages, his eyebrows were letting me know he was focused on the words displayed on the pages. Alex arrived at our table, carrying a stack of papers on her arms.

''Hi guys,'' He looked up, waving at her. ''I am so tired of carrying these around.'' He turned to his book.

''What are they for?'' Matt was still focused on his reading.

''Flyers for a bingo,'' She rolled her eyes. ''Don't ask.'' I chuckled, placing my hand on my mouth, trying not to make too much noise since Matt was utterly focused on his studying.

''Did Lily told you about my get together?'' Matt raised his head, meeting Alex's eyes.

''No she hasn't.''

''I know a lot of us are going on trips for Spring Break, so I really wanted to celebrate that.'' He cleared his throat, looking away from us.

''We'll be there.'' I spoke, offering him a wide smile and he replied with another one.

''Okay,'' He pressed his lips together. ''I have to go and meet a friend, see you guys later?'' I nodded, he stood up from the table and left the room. His book was hanging from his hand, I noticed that from the corner of my eye. Alex was silent for awhile, staring at me.

''Are we going?''

''I really want to, I mean, Spring Break is going to be for one to two weeks, who knows?'' I paused. ''And he is being sweet, I mean-''

''Okay, we'll go. Friday right?'' She said interrupting my sentence, I just nodded, looking down at my hands. We remained seated for the following two hours, studying and having small conversation. My stomach was feeling tingly and the fact I was going to a get together at his place made me happy. This time I decided it was going to be different and I'll talk to him for all the times I couldn't, for all the times I was afraid of saying the wrong thing.