O N E.

My name is Lily Smith and I'll tell you all about him. Matt Galdieri. The boy with a million dollar smile, making everyone on his way drooling over him. His eyes brown as honey and his lips, the taste of peppermint and sunset all together. Actually, I never tasted sunset whenever I kissed him, but I got that feeling that is scattered all over your bones when you see a breathtaking sunset and you ask yourself, 'how on Earth am I alive to experience something as magical as this?'.

Just imagine yourself at the beach, and you hear the waves crashing at the wave breaker and you feel the warmth of the water on your feet and your eyes are set on the sun that is hiding behind that horizontal line. The line where the sky kisses the ocean and that's when the magic happens, the sun hides to find comfort and to gain strength to rise another day full of power and ready to shine. And that's what I really felt. I felt powerful and I always shined because he knew how to make me shine. At least for as long as fate gave us. Looking back, it's crazy how someone can have the ability to make you feel so much in a short period of time. Now I'm getting all romantic, but that's what Matt Galdieri made me feel. And...I have no regrets. I hope he doesn't either.

● ● ●

I remember clearly it was a sunny day. The sun was burning through my long sleeve white shirt, which I wore because I thought it was going to be cold, since when I woke up there was no sun in sight. I was wrong, there was no sign that cold weather was approaching us anytime soon. Just fyi, our town's weather is bipolar, at mornings you'd be trembling from the cold and then at noon you'd be melting from the heat, it's awful. And sometimes it's hot all day and other days it's cold all day, so it is pretty confusing for us people. But today, everyone was wearing not-that-cold-type of clothing, except for me, I was wearing long sleeves, way to go Lily. But that actually is totally irrelevant, I just wanted to get through this day and head back home and sleep until another day comes.

I was about to meet my friend, Alex, at the cafeteria. Alex was confident, sincere, trustworthy and sometimes, a little bit shy. She was the person I spent most of my time with, since she was in every class of mine. Some were boring, but others were really interesting and very dynamic. The one ahead of us, was boring as hell. But it was extremely important for us, due to our major in Mass Communications.

I made my way to one of the tables on the lower floor of the cafeteria, walking through students with their busy and messy lives, she was there with two other friends of ours. The thing with this cafeteria is that almost everyone loved to come here. So, it was always crowded as hell. People bumped into you and your ears could almost explode from the loudness of their voices whenever they walked past you. If you are a freshman, that kind of thing will annoy you almost 98.5%, but if you have been around the campus for two years now, the percentage decreases to a 70%, still pretty high. You get used to annoying people and show off girls begging for boys to notice how their hair flips, the way their laughs sound or how they chew like they are taking lunch with the royalty. Also you get used to the thick air, due to the amount of people breathing in and out. I remember that one time were I felt like screaming at everyone, thanks to the amount of people that were actually doing nothing, while people like me and my friends were waiting for a proper table at a proper location, to eat and have some rest from the tiring classes on our schedule. We had to go somewhere else, away from the food due to that. Now we always try to get there early, so we could save our favorite spot.

I got there and I was already included in their small semicircle. ''Hey guys,'' I said, waving my hand to them as they responded with a friendly smile. ''You ready?'' I asked Alex. She was fixing her hair as Bella was holding her a mirror up to the level of her eyes.

''In a minute.'' She said and I chuckled, rolling my eyes at her. She loved looking at her reflection, but I mean who doesn't? When you are pretty confident about yourself and your looks, it's hard to look away. But I've never seen someone so in love with themselves as she is, and I think it's totally okay. Self love comes first and the rest doesn't really matter.