Part 1

A/N: This is my first fanfic I hope you like it. It contains some more explicit scenes and language ( warning: guns, murder). I also want to inform you that I don't know much about Russia or robbing palaces so it may not be perfectly accurate but the story isn't supposed to be accurate but fan to read. Feel free to tell me your opinion on the comments!

The snow was falling gracefully around you as you stepped out of the car. You took a deep breath and looked at the huge building in front of you. The great palace of Moscow looked even more astonishing and you felt a cold shiver down your spine; not quite sure if it was from the cold or from the awe this place evoked you. This Christmas eve was certainly going to be a night to remember.

"Well we should go inside don't we?" you heard Williams voice and he offered you his arm. You smiled as you took it and started walking towards the inside of the enormous place.

"I've never been into such a huge gathering before." William kept talking as you both were walking into the big halls. You shook your head. You yourself had been to many big parties. Your job as a spy required your presence to many cosmic events; undercover of course in order to collect information. As a result there was always a first class party in which you were invited to, almost every Christmas. William himself hadn't been in many missions like this and wasn't yet used to that kind of celebrations.

"You'll soon get used to it." you commented. "If you come to more missions with me all those big events will end up looking the same to you."

"Come on, don't tell me that you've been to a lot similar balls like this one." William commented when you two finally entered the ballroom. You were about to answer him but the crowded hall with the luxurious chandeliers and the painted ceiling left both of you speechless.

William was right. In America the Christmas parties were usually taking place inside of huge glass skyscrapers and other modern buildings under the music of a hired DJ. But here in Europe the things were so different. The awe-inspiring palace, the ballroom filled with enchanting strangers and the orchestra in the other side of the huge room playing hypnotizing slow music. You felt as if you were living a fairy tale.

"Okay I have to admit that this is very different from what I expected." you declared still enchanted by the atmosphere. You turned around to face William but you saw him looking the space suspicious.

"What's up?" you asked.

"Nothing. I'm just gonna grab a drink and check the place. I saw some security guys but you can never be sure if you dont check with your own eyes." He said and you nodded to him.

"Don't worry I'll be back soon. Just enjoy yourself and dont fall for the handsome prince yet." he added jokingly and you tried to laugh to his remark.

As you watched William vanishing in the crowd another Christmas eve came to your mind two years ago back in Los Angeles. That night when you thought you'd never see your favorite people again as you and many other people were held hostages by a group of German criminals who tried to rob the building. Suddenly the atmosphere wasn't that dreamy. Your palms were sweaty and your throat sore and the crowd became more and more suffocating making it hard for you to breathe. You tried to keep your mind busy by staring at the dancing people but the memories kept flashing in front of your eyes like a bad horror movie. You remembered the murder of your cooperator in front of your eyes, the terrorists running up and down the building and you couldnt do anything to help the other hostages or yourself. Luckily all of you were saved thanks to a cop from New York and your negotiation with the terrorists boss. The thieves run away with the money but since you were all safe and alive  you didn't really care about it. And you didn't want to see anyone from that night again. Especially their boss.