"cracked at the craft"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

kelsey lay in her desk chair, the back inclined back so she could lie down. she had just finished her final piece of work before the holidays, meaning she now had a few weeks to relax.

she huffed out a breath and slapped a hand over her forehead. she had worked on that project for 9 hours straight and had spent that time hunched over in the dark room with a coffee, now cold sitting on her desk surrounded by an array of snacks.

the room was cold, her heavy sweater keeping her comforted. her pc sat on in front of her, discord open idly in the background pinging quietly when somebody sent a message in the open server.

TEXTS

clay

wanna play the craft?
read 6:39pm

yeah!!! i'll call u on discord

kelsey tapped at her discord, opening up her past messages with clay, smiling at the previous interactions while moving her mouse to hover over the 'call' button and click. almost immediately clay accepted his cheery voice making kelseys face split into a smile.

"HI!" clay exclaimed, "how have you been?" he asked kelsey, a smile wide on his face.

"eh, i'm better now that school is over for a bit." she sighed, happy to be away from the overbearing workload which had been piling ontop of her.

"that's good, are you doing anything over christmas?" clay asked, sending kelsey the server's ip while joining the game.

"i'm not sure, my family are split across the country and i saw them at thanksgiving. i might invite luke over for the day or something." kelsey said, joining the server only to be met by a large dark oak tree in her face.

"that could be fun!" he smiled, "if you ever need company i could always leave my family for a bit to come see you."

"oh god no clay— i cant take you out of your families christmas. i promise you i'll be alright." she pleaded, listening to clay mhm while they started to build up resources.

the conversation soon devolved into madness as they wandered through the nether looking for the fortress, clay insisting that they should beat the enderdragon today instead of just building a house like kelsey wanted.

"what would you do if i jumped in the lava right now?" kelsey asked, teasing him as she knew he was the one who went mining for the iron armour she was currently wearing.

"i would literally log off and cry." he said, sprinting towards the now visible fortress, kelsey following close behind, watching as clay started killing the blazes.

"let me in there clay." kelsey said cockily, jumping forward with her axe critting the blaze infront of her, watching it drop blaze rods for her.

"LETS GO KELSEY!" clay cheered, his hands lifting off the keyboard in celebration. "you're a beast."

kelsey smiled and continued to kill the blazes until they had a combined 8 blaze rods. the two left the nether, kelsey jumping in joy at her achievement of not dying to anything in the nether —probably due to clay being her personal security guard.