Chapter 10 (Part 3)

I tie my monster hair in a bun while sitting criss-cross on Riley's bed. The girls are getting ready for their Valentine's dance and I have to make sure they both look superb. 

Not my words.

Maya wears a red dress I bought her and it fits her perfectly. It has thin spaghetti straps and makes a V-line, not showing too much skin. It stops above her knee but falls lower in the back. It has a smooth fabric and the red compliments her pale skin.

Riley has a similar dress I bought her. However, it's strapless with a sweetheart neckline in light pink. I give her a half up and down due. The top is braided into two cute space bun with wavy hair in the back,

Maya's hair is curled, and the top of her head has a cute messy bun. I pull two strands out in the front to frame her face.

While I am putting a necklace on Maya's necklace I tell Riley "Make sure you get a lot of pictures, have fun, and call me if you need anything."

Riley nods her head and exclaims "Ay aye captain."

I roll my eyes and point for them both to sit on the bed in front of me. When they sit next to each other on the tip of the bed and face me I look at them seriously. "Most importantly y'all are sisters. For a moment forget about boy drama. It's a day of love and as each other's best friends y'all are each other's Valentine. Do y'all understand me?"

They both nod their heads.

I stand up straighter and fake patting myself off. I walk to the bay window and say "Well I have to go. Bye kiddos". As I am exiting the window Riley says something

"Thanks for being such an awesome big sister to us both."

I nod my head and leave out the window without another word.

----------------------------

I groan loudly for the 40th time. My sore arms have been blow drying my hair for an hour and a half. 

I already had my outfit on. It was a red tube top with black shorts. I had an oversized red and black plaid flannel tied around my waist. I put on red converses and red lipgloss. 

I reach in my head and pull out my last hair strand. I direct the hot on the strand, stretching it out. When I'm finished I drop the blowdryer on the bathroom counter and look in the mirror.

I literally look like a lion. My hair is very voluminous and reaches mid-back. I shake my head and put it into a back ponytail quickly. As soon as I am finished the doorbell rings.

I close the light slid my phone into my back pocket. I walk to the door and open it quickly. I walk out and say "Ok I'm ready."

Noticing no response I look up and notice  Josh staring me down. "Que? Que paso?"

He has slight reminisce in his eyes and says "It's just been a long time since I have seen you like this."

I tilt my head.

He looks me in the eyes and say "You look grew up beautiful. You really are beautiful Rayne."

I look down and shake my head playfully "Gracias senor pero ahora vamos!" I grab his hand and pull out the apartment. 

We walk to Topanga's and Josh never lets my hand go. When we get inside I take my hand back and see Katy.

I call out "Katy Kat. I'm here for my presentttttt."

She looks up at me. With a surprised face she exclaims"Ray! Happy Birthday and I LOVE the hair. You should were it more often, you look beautiful."