chapter eighteen

a/n - smut at the end ;)

Spencers POV

"I don't care what you guys say she's not going to wear that dress."

After the gift that was left for Rose it was sure to say he was a lot closer than we thought, which also meant he would be present at the charity ball tomorrow. Adrenaline was running high and the only thing that could be thought about was her safety, so to hear that the team wants her to wear the dress that was left obviously didn't sit right with you.

"Reid think about it, this guy has been taunting her for so long that he seems to think that he's the one in control of the situation. We need to let him think that he is by letting Rose wear the dress, we've already had the forensic exam the dress to make sure it's safe for her to wear and the results back that nothing harmful was left on it." Emily says as she tried to calmly explain  the reasoning for the decision made by the team. 

"Can I say something?" You turn your head to see Rose standing against a wall with her arms crossed, for being a profiler you really weren't able to tell how or what she was feeling but that wanted to say something. Hotch gives her a nod before she starts to speak in front of the rest of you.

"As much as I don't wanna wear the dress I think I should wear it. He'll know I got his gift and in a way it's like I'm accepting him after all that's occurred so hopefully he'll be accepting of me when or if we ever meet so I agree with what Agent Prentiss said. He's gonna be at the charity gala and I know we could cancel it but I'm tired of living in fear of this." She turns directly to face you while going on.

"I want this to end Spencer, and I know you want this to end as well so please. Trust your team and me on this one." She says as she tries for your hand for reassurance but you remove her hand from your grasp.

"I can't believe how selfish you are being by agreeing to this, you do realize this isn't a fucking game right? Your life is on the line and I don't think you realize the severity of the situation you are in and the potential dangers there are."

"You think I don't know that Spencer? You think this is an easy thing for me to experience and having the fear that I might not make it to see the next day, to not see you or my friends, to leave my mom and dad behind?"

"It's just not a good idea for you is what I'm trying to say." You sigh as you try to wipe a tear away from her but she steps back.

"You know what I'll make it easier for you Spencer, since you seem to think I can't handle this because it's not a good idea then don't come to the charity gala. I'm perfectly capable of handling this situation with the help of everyone except you, so if that's all agents I'm leaving. I'll see you all tomorrow at the gala." She walks out the room grabbing the dress off the table before slamming the door behind her leaving. The team just sits there in silence and you could feel the eyes of everyone in the room staring back at you.

"Reid don't you think you were a little harsh on her?" Morgan asks with an obvious look of disapproval as he folds his arms together.

"I didn't mean for it to come off that way, I'm just worried about her. She doesn't know what she's getting into."

"Spence the poor girl left in tears. I understand you wanna protect her to prevent what happened to Maeve but you were completely out of line with the way to spoke to her." Rossi says as he sips his coffee.

"Don't mention her, what happened to her was something I regret everyday and after finding Rose I'm not gonna let that happen to her."

"Reid with this job it's hard to say the least what's gonna happen tomorrow, when I lost Haley I was the same way with Beth and Jack too but I know that everything's somehow going to be okay at the end of the day." Hotch says as he just gives you a look before walking out of the room with everyone else, leaving you there alone with their thoughts.