chapter seven

*A/N*

I STRONGLY recommend you listen to the following songs while reading this chapter which can be found on my spotify playlist for the story which is titled WTNTU by cali62098 

"Dusk Till Dawn" by Zayn ft. Sia

"Lights Up" by Harry Styles 

"Eyes off You" by Prettymuch

"Salvaje" by Lali ft. Abraham Mateo 

this chapter is also going to be a little spicy towards the end so here's a warning :)

-

"Rose get down now!"

Spencer pulls out his gun that was hidden in his pants as he pushes you and Katrina behind him. You both kneel down in a corner near where you were once seated.

"Stay here and don't move!"

You see Spencer run off into the crowd of people, you try to go after him to stop him but Katrina grabs your arm pulling you back.

"Rose I am not letting you fucking go out there! Spencer will be fine but we need to try and get out of here!"

She pulls out her phone to try and dial her mom but she has no service.

"Fuck!"

All you hear is the screams of people in the church as they run around the place trying to escape or just trying to find a place to protect themselves. You try to spot your parents or anyone that you might recognize in the storm of people but no luck.

"Katrina mija!"

You see Katrina's mom running over to us as she rushes through the crowd of people trying to get out. She hugs her daughter quickly before looking at you both and speaking quickly.

"Tenemos que irnos ahora! Esto no es seguro para nosotros" (We have to leave now! This isn't safe for us)

She grabs Katrina's hand as you begin to follow them out of the church, once you reach the car you stop in your tracks.

"I can't leave Spencer here Katrina! My parents are there somewhere too and I need to try and find them!"

You run off back into church ignoring Katrina screaming at you to come back. It didn't matter to you if you got hurt or if you even died, you couldn't bear leaving without searching for Spencer and your parents.

As you enter the church once again it's much more quieter than it was once before, families and people are hiding down behind the benches for safety while you see some people in police bulletproof vests getting ready to take action if anything were to happen.

You get down on your hands and knees as you begin to crawl on the floor due to hear another shot being fired from inside the building.

Dear God, please protect me and everyone in here right now.

As you continue to crawl you peek your head through each of the benches to only not see Spencer or your parents. Where the hell are they?

Another shot is fired in your direction but luckily you duck your head as it hits a nearby statue. You keep crawling but quicken your pace as you're able to reach the back of the church and hide under a table.

You pull out your phone and see you have one bar of service and use it to send a text to your parents to ask where they are and if they're in a safe location.

"What are you still doing here?" You look up to see Spencer joining you under the desk putting his gun to his side.

"Spencer!" You instantly hug him and feel him gently put his arms around you for a moment before pulling away.