chapter eleven

*A/N*

I highly recommend you listen to "onoffonoff" by keshi for this beginning part of the chapter and which can be found on spotify if you look up WTNTU by cali62098 :)

-

Spencers POV

"FBI put your hands up and step away from the girl!" Hotch yells as you, him and Prentiss run into the room to see Rose being held at gunpoint.

"No you don't get it, she ruined my life- She doesn't deserve to live!" The unsub yells as they hold onto Rose tightly with the gun pointing to her stomach.

"You don't have to do this— you can let her go and you would be able to tell your story to the media, to the world about how she and her family ruined your life! You just gotta let her go and I promise you will be heard." You say as you try to walk up closer to Rose and the unsub.

"Please let me go, I-I'm sorry for everything!" Rose yells as tears come down her face.

"Shut up!" They tighten the grip on Rose and push the gun in closer.

"You think I'm gonna listen to you Dr. Reid?" They respond back with an obvious angry tone in their voice.

"You're only saying this because you've been dating her this entire time and wanna save your "true love"! If you would've figured out the meaning of my message I left for you at the church sooner than she wouldn't be in this position!" The unsub yells as they back away from the three of you to create more distance.

"We're not going to ask you again, let the girl go. We will not hesitate to shoot you!" Prentiss yells as she aims her gun directly at the unsub.

"I love you Spencer." That's the last thing you hear her say before you see them pull the trigger as a bullet goes directly into her stomach.

"No!"

Prentiss and Hotch fire a shot at the unsub causing them to fall back onto the floor and drop the gun as you run over to Rose, her body lays on the floor as she bleeds out.

"Rose please stay with me, we're gonna get help right now and you're going to be okay— Don't leave me please."

"Spencer-"

"Don't talk alright? Just look at me with those beautiful eyes of yours, please just stay with me you're going to be okay I promise baby."

"Spencer!"

You wake up to feel the grasps of Rose's hands on both sides of your arm; she has a worried look plastered on her face when you open your eyes to see her as you adjust yourself to sit up.

"What— what happened?"

"You were sleeping and started to mumble some things, I thought you were maybe just sleep talking but then you started to shake badly and you said my name, that's when I started to try and wake you up." A sigh leaves your mouth as you run a hand through your hair after she tells you what she witnessed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you I just had a bad dream that's all."

You weren't sure why you had that dream but it felt so real, which scared the shit out of you. You've had nightmares before about certain cases you've once worked on but you've never had one felt this real before, and that's what scared you the most.

"Spence you don't have to tell me about it if you don't feel like it, but I'm here to listen if you need me to."

"Thank you." You say as you reach for her hand and hold it.