Chapter 3

Aiden smells the nice air of early England as the small convertible drives down the curvy roads, taking them closer and closer to their destination. Aiden, John, Wendy, and Aunt Becky all sing along to the blaring radio, their voices all off tune but they don't care.

"I don't care! I love it!"

"Woo!"

"Yeah!"

"Ah, I really do enjoy that song." Aunt Becky turns the radio down as commercials start playing. "So kids, how's school been?"

"The same." Her nephew says with a shrug.

"Now what is that supposed to mean?" Aunt Becky looks over at Aiden.

"What he means Aunt B, is that it's still boring and is like a prison for the poor teenagers of this town." John says, giving Aiden a reassuring look.

Aiden had begged the two in freshman year to never bring up the fact that he gets bullied, he doesn't want his Aunt to worried or feel like it's her fault by sending him there. And with all that's been going on in the last two days, he especially doesn't want them to bring it up.

"Oh well, you know how school is. I remember me and Marsha would skip school and sneak off to the fields to play, ooooh was father mad with us! Mother was a free spirit as well so she wasn't nearly hard on us as much as father was." Aunt Becky laughs. "One time I accidentally blew up the science lab just so the teacher wouldn't notice that Marsha had skipped to sneak out with her boyfriend at the time."

"You and mom sound like you had lots of fun." Aiden smiles widely at his Aunt, always cherishing the stories she would tell him about his parents.

"Oh wow, what chemical compound did you use?" Wendy leans forward, it may not show often, but Wendy was a very big nerd.

"She blew up a science lab and all you care about is the chemical compound?!" John gives her a look of disappointment.

Aunt Becky and Aiden laugh as the two start bickering.

"So Aiden, how are you?" Aunt Becky gives him a look, the look that says, 'and dont even try to lie because you suck at it.'

"U-um well-"

"Did you make cookies Aunt B?" Aiden silently thanked John for his quick save.

"Hmm, now are you talking about my sunflower seed cookies, or oatmeal raisin cookies?"

"Gross, how dare you even say that disgusting name. Your sunflower cookies of course!" John cringed slightly.

"Ha ha, you'll just have to see love!" Her thick english accent sings out, making the three smile.

The rest of the car ride is filled with laughter and singing, all four enjoying the ride. After sometime, they finally make it to Aiden's house, the small quaint home surrounded by flowers and trees.

"Ah, isn't she a beaut?" Aunt Becky pulls the car up into the rocky drive way.

"Oh how I missed home." Aiden smiles.

"And it missed you." She places her hand on his shoulder and smiles.

They all get out and walk into the small home, it's warm flower smell engulfs the group. Small and big paintings of flowers and plants cover the walls, all which were done by Aunt Becky herself. The front door opens up to a short hallway that has a fork at the end of it, left leads down another hallway the has two bedrooms and the bathroom, forward leads to the small yet cozy living room, and going right leads into the kitchen. They take their shoes off and go right, the smell other cookies leading them by their noses.