Chapter 18

Becky's Pov

"Here, you need to eat Becky." Brian holds out a cup of coffee and a bagel.

"Oh Brian, I just cant, looking at him like this it...it hurts too much." I take the food and st it on the small table next to Aiden's hospital bed.

I watch as my nephew breathes softly, his pale face making me sob softly.

"Oh Aiden please, please wake up..." I sob and put my head down on the bed.

The soft knocking on the door draws my attention away from the matress, i look at the door and see John and Wendy.

"Hi Aunt Becky." They greet softly, walking in and coming to hug me.

"Hey kiddos, how are yall?"

"Good, be better once Aiden wakes up." Wendy sniffles softly.

"I know.."

"Ill give you all space." Brian says, I smile at him before he leaves.

"What are the doctors saying?" Wendy asks, sitting in the chair on the other side of Aiden.

"Well they said although the spider bite isnt venomous, he was very weak in the first place and make take a while to come back." I say, sighing and looking at him once more.

"Has he woken up at all?" John whispers, staring at the floor.

"Twice so far, said hello, asked about yall, and sunflower cookies." We laugh softly.

"Mmm..." Aiden groans softly, he opens his eyes softly and looks at us. "Hi-"

He starts coughing softly, i jump up and grab him a glass of water.

"Hi baby, how are you feeling? Wendy and John visited."

"Tired, this bed sucks.." We laugh, Wendy crying softly and John now closer to the bed. "But other than that I'm peachy." 

"Well then hurry and get back to school mate, Taylor wont leave me alone man!" 

We all laugh, Im just happy hes smiling again.

~~~~~~

"Excuse me, which room is Aiden Bishop in?" 

"He's in room 109."

"Thank you." Brett smiles, he walks down the long dark hospital hallway.

'Geez its creepy here...'

109 comes to view and Brett gives a nervous sigh. Grabbing the door handle, Brett holds his breathe and opens the door, the lights were off except for a lamp; the only sound in the room were the machines Aiden was connected to.

"Oh Aiden..." He walks over and sits next to the smaller on the bed, a tear running down his face.

He leans down and kisses his forehead, pulling back quickly when he hears a grown.

"Aunt Becky?" Aiden softly whispers.

"No, i-it's me, Brett."

"Brett?" Aiden smiles, opening his eyes slightly. "Hi."

"Hi.." Brett smiles, "How are you feeling?"

"Peachy..." Aiden smiles. "What time is it?"

"Its 9, here-" Brett leans over and helps Aiden sit up.

"Thanks...so um, why are you here?" Aiden blushes and looks down at his lap.

"Why?" Brett puts a hand on Aiden's face. "Because I love you."

Aiden stares at the other, after a minute tears roll down his cheek, scaring the other.

"Hey, I'm sorry what-"

"You love me?" Aiden asks, wiping his tears.

"Of course I do Aiden, and i know you may not feel the same after all the shit i put you through and i get it if you want to break up-"

"No!" Aiden reaches forward and hugs him tightly. "I never want to leave you."

"Then why did you not come to school?" Brett pulls back and looks at him.

"Witney..."