Chapter 36

"Digital log, November 23rd. Day 4 of being on the so called earth prime."

Tony took a sip of his water that sat on his nightstand. "The team and I have gathered little evidence on Batman's team. Natasha is growing weary of them each passing day. It's as if they don't leave a trace. Clint started learning new techniques, bruce enjoyed his time with the C.S.I barry Allen aka the flash along with Dr Snow."

He sighed, an image of pepper pots worrying about him made his heart bubble in guilt and the fimiliar one of a kind warmth she provided him. "I have a feeling these bats have something up their sleeves..."

~

"Oh Goodness gracious, Ive been bamboozled!"

Jason's voice rung through out the cave as he flipped over a random car, shooting his guns at penguins goons. Barbara rolled her eyes, lowing Jason's comms. He's been blabbing sarcastic lines all night.

Jason, Kate and Bruce were the only ones out on patrol tonight. Dick had taken the night off since he had sprained his ankle on yesterday's mission. A few of the others were injured but nothing too bad. They had gotten intel that Slade was trading weapons with the league of Assasins the night before. Out of sheer luck they had pulled the exact coordinates from a drunken goon. In the end, the mission was half successful. Slade had slipped from their grasp along with Talia last second, unleashing their hidden troops.

Everybody had mostly recovered from their ambush. Although damian's wrath and hatred towards his mother stuck a lot longer than usual. Bruce made damian take the night off because he had a feeling he'd take out his anger on a low level mugger. That only made damian's anger boil more.

Natasha eyed damian as if he was prey from the corner of the room. She pretended to watch Barbara control the comms, giving directions to Bruce and shouting at Jason's to use rubber bullets.

He was muttering Arabic curses under his breath when Cassandra walked up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. Damian looked up to Cassandra, staring her dead in the eyes. Natasha narrowed her eyes, trying to see what they were talking about. They weren't even opening their mouths, like they were reading eachother's minds.

Damians eyes softened slightly. Natasha gaped at what just happened, the boy was just glaring holes into whoever was near him. She had just seen him flip over Tim when the coffee addict walked past him. Natasha recalled the whimpers and curse words coming from the teenager just minutes ago, when damian had flipped him, his coffee flipped with him. The steaming hot liquid pouring all over his light colored shirt.

Natasha cringed at those moments, she was snapped out of the recent memory when Cassandra and Damian began walking up the platform. Her eyes followed them up to the training platform, Cassandra then handed him a staff, much like time staff but clearly less advanced.

"If your gonna stare at them you might as well go and talk to them."

Natasha whipped her head down to Barbara, she was stunned to say the least. She thought she had made sure Barbara wouldn't suspect her gaze elsewhere. Barbara looked up to Natasha and stared at her dead in the eye, allowing Natasha to focus on the slight eye bags covered by makeup. Few people had the nerve to, Natasha glared at her, causing the red head to chuckle and turn her attention back to the computer.

Natashas eyes immediately softened, realizing she may have just snapped at Barbara. "Sorry.." She slightly muttered.

"It's fine, I've seen worse glares. I've beaten the worse glares." Barbara glanced back at Natasha with a lopsided smile, she didn't mind natasha, it was just she was extra tired due to jason being extra reckless tonight and her having to clean up his mess and make sure he doesn't die. If not she'd have an angry bat on her hands.

Natasha raised an eyebrow at her response, noticing her concern and remembering what alfred had warned them about, she decided to shoot down her worries. "Just bruce being broody, his bat-glare doesn't effect us anymore."

"How'd you know I wasn't paying attention to the screen?" The spy questioned.

"Puh-lease, I'm a trained bat. I know stuff." She smirked. "Frik, I was here before jason!... Depending which universe your talking about though." Barbara looked straight at the readers and winked.

Natasha looked around to see where she had turned her gaze to, "hUh-"

Barbara turned Natasha shoulders back towards her, "enough of that, I can tell you want to talk or should I say question damian. Go ahead before Cass leaves and he's not in a decent mood anymore!" She gently pushed Natasha in the direction of damian.

How'd she know I wanted to question Damian-

Who was she looking at?

Why are these people so crazy!