Chapter 34

???
New York
Avengers tower

"Things have been awfully quiet in New York." Sam was beginning to get concerned. So far there hasn't been a single call from any of the original avengers. Heck tony hasn't even called pepper, she's already clawing at the others, trying to get answers.

Rocket scoffed as if it were the stupidest thing he has ever heard, which might he had wasn't but it did earn an annoyed look from Sam so it's a win-win. The raccoon stroked his newly customized blaster. Him and Groot had to go through a lotta trouble to get it, and he isn't letting anybody come near his baby. "This rathole of a city is always quiet, it never has any real action."

Wanda rolled her eyes and used her power to move rocket out of the way. "Hey!" He protested, clutching to his blaster. "What he means is there's no sign of sandman, Loki, thanos, mysterio, or venom. Loki broke out of Asgard's cell exactly 2 days ago, a few minutes before tony and the others were sucked into that portal."

T'Challa narrowed his eyes, "I thought thanos was erased from existence?"

"Yea, and that douche thanos was revived by someone named ex oother. Drax and I investigated last night." Peter Quill spoke, not trying to hide his hatred for thanos. Thanos had taken away someone from everybody in this room. They were all lucky enough to get them back. Peter was the unfortunate one, thanos had actually killed Gamora... the love of his life. His everythi-

"Ex oother... that's one hell of a name." Scott snorted while making a peanut butter sandwich. Peter shot Scott a weak glare for pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Could be a nick name?" Sam asked, crossing his arms in concern.

"That's what we thought too." Rocket spoke up, jumping onto the table to get on eye level with everybody.

"Mantis has went through all kinds of identification systems. There's only an Alexander Luthor, there's no way it's that guy because not only do they look nothing alike... he died during the battle of New York." Peter explained, stealing a bite from Scott's sandwich when he wasn't looking.

"So what about sandman, venom and that weird illusion guy. I thought those were all the spider kids thing." Bucky asked, tweaking up some things on his metal arm.

"Yea, got word from the kids spider posse that he hasn't been at school or home for the past 2 days." Carol said. Sam narrowed his eyes, there's no way Tony would let Peter skip school, let alone for a vacation. Something wasn't right.

"Maybe he's just injured from that earthquake a few days ago, didnt he try to close that portal that opened on top of the tower?" Shuri shrugged, not really paying attention to half the conversation, munching on chips. You couldn't blame her, Wakanda didn't have lays or takis or cheesy Cheetos- you get the point.

"Wait, what?" Sam shot up from his chair. Sure, he operated more at the new base and a few things flew over his head, but a portal? Something that big? If it were on top of the tower, then of course tony and the others would go to investigate. What if they went into the portal? They could be lost on any planet and he wouldn't know.

"Yep, When I came to the tower after the whole portal fiasco, it was deserted. I guessed they all went out to eat or something after shutting it down." Shuri explained, focused on her chips. That got Sam thinking more.

"What if they went into the portal?" Sam thought out loud. "That's a possibility.." Carol crossed her arms. She began to connect the dots, it's a big possibility really.

"At least we're know it's a portal, so there has to be another side of it." Peter said, tapping his foot up and down, getting impatient. He couldn't help but be bothered by being on earth, after all he had lost the people he loved here.

Rocket blasted his gun at the roof to get everybody's attention,"Then let's track it."
-
-