chapter 1

(authors note: i'm going to be honest, i'm probably going to fall asleep thinking about these two again tonight)

Sucrose was left stranded... snow and ice forming around her. She had accidentally gotten side tracked again. She leaned herself against a tree and tried to pull out the least bit amount of strength to maybe fend off the last hilichurl that she could faintly see. Her glasses had broken and her hands were burnt from the scorching hot blade of the Mitachurl's axe.
In the last moment of her consciousness she saw bursts of geo fending off the hilichurl then a short, blonde alchemist hurrying toward the freezing girl.

"You ran off again and this is what happens to you.. please be more careful." He quietly said, knowing she was knocked out. He picked the girl up and hurried back over to their camp.

He was slightly worried, although this had happened many times before so it was no surprise that it happened again. Sucrose opened her amber eyes and saw the blonde alchemist.

"Albedo? Ah... you saved me again. I'm sorry I ran off. I saw an interesting looking hili-" She was sitting up when she was cut off by Albedo telling her to lay back down.

"Don't rush yourself Sucrose. You need to rest. And I don't need more excuses. I'm already worried enough about you and hearing your story might make me worry more." He stated, looking away from her.

"I'm sorry!! I won't give excuses anymore." She smiled. A light blush formed across Albedos face. He didn't know why he started to turn red, however he decided to ignore it.

"Sucrose, tomorrow I'm going to need you to take over the shop in Monstadt again. You already almost froze to death up here and I don't want you to get hurt anymore. I'll let Timaeus know later today." Albedo looked at Sucrose and saw that she kind of looked disappointed.

"I-I'm sorry Albedo.. I just.. nevermind. You said no excuses so I won't make any excuses!" Sucrose said, determined and shaking the disappointed look from her face. Albedo laughed a bit at the determined girl.

the next day

Sucrose had just gotten back into Monstadt. Seeing the bustling streets again gave her a sense of anxiety. She never liked crowds, they always made her more and more nervous. She hurried her way to the alchemy shop and started reading a book about Geo Hypotasis'. She got more and more lost in her book when...

flick

"Ow!" Someone had flicked her forehead to get her attention.

(hmmemememememmeme cliffhanger!!)