chapter 4

~

Albedo suddenly woke up to a loud squeak and the sound of something falling.

"Ah! Oh wait- I'm sorry did I wake you up? I was just a bit.. well startled-" When Sucrose awoke and saw her position, she immediately jumped back and accidentally knocked a few books over.

"No no it's fine Sucrose.." Albedo attempted to get back up but Sucrose pushed him back down.

"You have to rest! Your injuries could have been life threatening! At least stay here for today. I already made sure you don't have a concussion-" Sucrose got interrupted by Albedo putting his hand lightly on her forehead. When he pulled his hand away, she saw blood.

"You're bleeding, Sucrose. How about you stay here with me. If I need help, I can at least ask you." Albedo signaled Sucrose to lay back down. She decided to get up first and get bandages for herself.

"Um.. okay.. well... I was just going to gather things for my next experiment today.. but this works too." Sucrose agreed as she carefully wrapped her head, avoiding her large animal ears.

"You've been working fairly hard recently and you deserve a break." Albedo watched the mint-haired girl as she walked and sat down on her sleeping bag right next to him. She gently laid down and Albedo twisted to face her and pulled her face into his chest.

"A-Albedo- What're you do-" Sucrose's face turned a light shade of red as she saw Albedo drifting to sleep above her.

"Shhh... let's stay like this. It's our rest day.. and this is.. comfortable." Albedo then fell asleep cuddling Sucrose tightly. She then fell asleep herself.

~

Sucrose then woke up to hearing hilichurls and the quiet sound of fighting right beside the camp.

~

(sorry it took me so long to release another chapter- i've been kinda busy. also, please vote on my next fanfic!

-diluc x jean

-childe x reader

-genshin characters x reader)