chapter 5

~

Sucrose woke up to the sound of hilichurls and fighting. She got up and went outside and saw Albedo fighting some hilichurls away. He looked freezing and quite frail.

"Albedo!" Sucrose ran towards him and grabbed his hand making Albedo suddenly flustered.

"Sucrose? Ah.. you're awake.. these hilichurls started attacking while we were asleep.. I'm just.." Albedo then collapsed. It seemed like he had been out for a long time and compared with his injuries. "Hah.. sorry.. please don't worry about me." Albedo stuttered out.

"Um.. I.. I don't know- I'll just fight them." Sucrose got her catalyst out and got rid of the remaining hilichurls. She helped Albedo up and took him back over inside their camp. Sucrose laid him down on his sleeping bag and he quickly fell asleep again. Sucrose started to stare at him accidentally... his striking features and messy shoulder-length blonde hair made her instantly flustered.

"Mmph!!" Sucrose quickly covered her face and looked away. To distract herself she started to clean up their camp. It wasn't messy, she just needed a distraction so she wouldn't stare at Albedo sleep like some psycho. She went through books upon books.. when a drawing fell out of an alchemy book. "Hm..? Ah.. should I look at this or would that be an invasion of his privacy..." Her gut told her to look. She carefully opened the paper and saw a beautiful sketch of her with flowers surrounding it. Sucrose turned a light shade of red, knowing that Albedo had observed her features enough to get them this accurate.

~

Sucrose was organizing books and ingredients when she heard a rustling noise then a hand on her shoulder.

"Sucrose?" Albedo lightly put his hand on Sucrose's shoulder alerting her.

"A-Albedo! Sorry I just got dis-" Sucrose got interrupted by Albedo chuckling.

"It's fine, you didn't find anything though, did you?" Albedo looked as he was looking for her honest answer but she couldn't just say 'I found the really pretty drawing you made of me' as that could make the atmosphere awkward.

"N-No! I was at these two shelves only.. I-I promise!" Sucrose lied. She knew she shouldn't say anything.. but she wanted to ask him about it. So. Bad.

"Good.. what would you like to eat? It's late anyways. I have ingredients for-" Albedo was interrupted by Sucrose tripping over some books she had left on the ground.

"Ow! Ah- sorry- I wasn't watching out-" Sucrose stuttered out as she attempted to get up but then noticed Albedos outstretched hand to help her up. Sucrose took his hand and got pulled into a tight hug. Her face immediately turning an intense red color.

"I just wanted to say thank you.. I don't really remember what happened these past few days as I have been really out of it.. but I know you've been taking care of me. So thank you." Albedo said, also turning slightly red as Sucrose hugged him back.

"Of course! I-I mean I just want you to be okay!" Sucrose felt Albedo petting her ears. "Albedo- What're you doing?"

~

(LISTEN. I feel like he would.)