CHAPTER 21

Emerald St. Clair's POV

My heart was pounding in my chest as we entered the receiving room of this magnificent mansion. I looked at his dead-serious face. I couldn't help but swallow hard.

Lord, I am in serious trouble.

The way he was holding me captive in his arms was enough indication that I couldn't escape this man tonight even if I tried.

Tonight Khalil Al-Farsi looked like a very hungry beast.

"Let's talk like rational adults here, Al-Farsi." I tried to sound calm, but the words came out otherwise.

He looked down at me, his cobalt eyes glimmering in the darkness. There was a wolfish smile playing on his lips that made my heart beat wildly in my chest. "Talking is the last thing on my mind tonight, habibti."

"Al-Farsi..."

"What happened to 'babe'?" His tone was teasing, but there was something else in his face that I couldn't pinpoint at the moment.

I rolled my eyes. I need to get a grip. I would not let him manhandle me like this as if I were some sort of a witless woman who would just let him have his way with me.

I am Emerald St. Clair, after all.

I tried to get down on my feet, but the bastard king merely tightened his hold on me. "Oh, no, my lovely jewel," his lips curved with an evil smile. "You are not leaving my arms tonight, my rebellious girlfriend."

I eyed him in horror. "What are you talking about?"

To prove his point, instead of answering, he just continued to walk towards the second floor of the mansion until we reached a certain room.

He tossed me unceremoniously on the soft bed. Oh, this brute man!

I glared at him acidly as I tried to sit up from the bed. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Al-Farsi just stared at me for a moment while I was in the middle of this massive bed. And then, without warning, he started to remove his jacket and unbutton his shirt.

"What do you think you're doing?" I looked scandalized as I got a glimpse of his well-defined chest.

He flashed a self-satisfied smile when he saw the expression on my face. "I told you, I think I need to make it clear to you that you only belong to me. And I think I need to teach you a lesson not to play with my jealousy."

"What are you--" I started. "--oh my God!" I averted my gaze, covering my face with my hands when his pants dropped to the floor, and he was now proudly standing at the foot of the bed with his boxers only.

My throat went dry when I saw his well-defined body with six-pack abs and a V line.

I need Holy water.

"Put your pants back, you idiot!"

His demonic laugh echoed inside the room. "I never thought that you could be this prudish, my love. You, who is having erotic dreams about me."

"I never had such dreams with you in it!" I denied it fiercely, glaring at him insolently. Oops, wrong move. My gaze landed on the huge bulge between his legs.

"Now you're staring."

"I am not!" I forced my gaze to look back on his face, not on that disturbing thing in his crotch area. I could feel the way my face heated right at this moment. I must be as red as my hair right now.

This devil was smirking ear to ear. Oh, how I want to hit his annoying face this instant.

"Let's stop this game now, Al-Farsi," I informed him with a firm tone filled with warning. "It's not funny anymore. I am going home. Granddad is probably waiting for me back at the mansion. I don't want him to worry."