CHAPTER 26

Emerald St. Clair's POV

I groaned. My head hurts like hell it feels like someone was hammering my skull. I turned to my side on the unfamiliar bed.

The bed is soft and nice but there's a masculine scent in it. Just like the weird dream I have last night where I went home with this man who looks like Al-Farsi.

What a weird dream...

My eyes abruptly open and I realized that I was not in my bedroom because the walls have painted all black so was the silk bed comforter drape around my body very different from my all-white theme.

Holy hell. Where am I?

I check my body under the silk comforter and I let out a shriek. Why I am naked underneath?!

"Now there's no need to shout."

I looked to my side and my eyes widened when I saw Al-Farsi lay next to me watching me with an unreadable expression on his face. There were dark circles under his eyes.

Why he's also naked?

I groaned, clutching the comforter tightly around my body closing my eyes to gather my memory from the night before. What happened last night I don't remember much of it?

I only remember fragments. I opened my eyes again to look at him with accusing eyes. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled at me. "This is my house."

"Then what am I doing here?" The last thing I remember was having fun at the nightclub with Ryker.

"I took you home last night."

"Where's Ryker?"

His eyes turned dark and deadly. "Dead."

"What?!" My eyes widened at his cruel announcement. He's not serious, has he? Unless he killed Ryker himself last night.

His handsome face held a grim smile. "He will be dead once I catch that bastard wherever hellhole he's hiding right now. He should be thankful that I didn't see him last night or he--"

"No. You will not do such a thing. He's a good friend of mine." I looked at him accusingly. "I thought you're going back to Saqr yesterday? Why are you still here?"

His eyes narrowed in my direction. He was almost spitting fire in his mouth. "Do you honestly believe that I would leave New York when I found out that you went to this bar with Creed?"

Oh, shit. I frowned. He was fumingly mad. "How on earth did you know that, by the way?"

"Does it matter?" He asked maddeningly. "What's important now is that you are unharmed from your wild night at the nightclub. Who knows what will happen to you if I didn't arrive on time?"

"If you think I will say 'thank you' then you are mistaken," I stated sardonically. "No one tells you to fetch me."

He let out a sigh as anger was visible in his eyes. "I thought you will appreciate the fact that I couldn't stay away from you even if I thought I should be mad at you for turning me down flatly and then come with that so-called fiancé of yours for a night in town."

I cursed myself silently. Why do I feel slightly guilty about it? "What happened to dark circles under your eyes?"

He reached out for something on the nightstand. "Nothing much. I just didn't sleep a wink last night because I have to wrestle with a certain wild vixen on my bed throughout the night. Here take this for your throbbing head."

Was he talking about me?

I could feel the heat spread through my cheeks as I reluctantly took the ibuprofen in his palm along with the glass of water. Once I drink the medicine I place the glass on my nightstand.