CHAPTER 17

Emerald St. Clair's POV

"Okay, we're down to the last shots," the photoshoot director announced. "You're doing great, Emerald."

I nodded and continued to pose in front of the camera for the Orsini Wines shoot.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Al-Farsi taking to two strangers in the gazebo while shooting a glance in my direction.

I bet they are talking about me.

"You are frowning, Emerald," The photographer cautioned me as he slightly lowered his camera away from his face.

"Sorry," I apologized softly, focusing my attention back on the shoot and away from those men in the gazebo.

He smiled at me. "Don't worry, let's continue."

I smiled back at him. I have worked with him on several occasions in the past. That's why I could probably say that. I kind of know him, and we're sort of friends.

So, I gave my best in the last part of the shoot, giving them everything I could offer as a model.

"That's a wrap!" The director said cheerfully after a moment.

A smile broke on my face. "Thanks for today."

I saw the crew start to pack up while the photoshoot director was busy discussing something with a group of people.

I was about to walk back inside the tent to change my clothes and remove my heavy make-up when the photographer stopped me in my tracks as he blocked my way.

I gave him a friendly smile. "You need something?"

He cleared his throat. I could see how his Adam's apple moved. "Uh, I just want to ask if you have plans today."

"Why do you ask?"

He looked at me straight in the eye with a nervous laugh. "Let's grab some coffee."

The smile was still fixed on my face while I peered at the men at the gazebo. I was not surprised when I saw Al-Farsi walking in my direction with a scowl on his face.

I need to send this guy away before that jealous king arrives and starts creating havoc here. The last thing I want is unwanted gossip from the people around us.

I looked back at this man in front of me with a slightly forced smile. "Uhm...about that--"

"Habibti." I closed my eyes when I heard that familiar endearment behind me. I could almost hear the annoyance in his voice.

I didn't bother to turn around and look at him. My focus was on the photographer in front of me, watching the confusion on his face while looking guardedly at the man approaching us.

I felt a hand snake possessively around my waist as it drew me closer to a body. "Are you done with your shoot, baby?"

I looked at him with a tight smile. "Yes."

He smiled lovingly in my direction while kissing the top of my head. "Good job, baby. I am so proud of you." I almost rolled my eyes. He's playing this fake boyfriend thing to perfection, isn't he? I saw him giving the man in front of him a cold stare. "Aren't you going to introduce us, habibti?"

"Peter, this is Khalil Al-Farsi—"

"Emerald's boyfriend," he completed for me while extending his hand for a handshake. I couldn't miss the way he emphasized the word 'boyfriend.' "Nice to meet you."

The shock on the photographer's face was noticeable as he paled visibly. He reluctantly took the offered hand and shook it briefly. "Peter Hales. Are you the crown prince of Saqr?"