Chapter 5 - First impressions

A/N

   What's up? Welcome to my creation's fifth chapter. It is the first chapter that will mention Eren and his friends from the 104th Cadet Corps. I'm really excited to write this. I hope you are excited to read it :D.

   Author~~~~~

....................................................

   Y/N POV

      Once again, I woke up with sweat on my face. Walls, when will these nightmares end? The nightmares themselves didn't even bother me anymore. It was just the impact they had on me. After four years they still made me sweat. At first, just after the accident, the nightmares were much worse than they are now. I would wake up furiously shaking and crying, sometimes even screaming. I sighed. Sitting on the bed, I wondered what to do now. Looking at the sky, I must have slept for four hours. Back to my normal routine, I guess. It was about two-thirty in the morning. I still had about three and a half hours before I have to meet up with Captain Levi. What do I do with all the spare time? I already cleaned everything yesterday. At home, I would just go to train or work out. Can I do that here? Would it seem creepy? I remembered Levi showing me the training room. It wasn't that far away from the dorms. I sneaked out of my sleeping place and started making my way through the hallway. Everything was so silent and peaceful. Walking, I could hear my own breath. Finally, I was standing near the training room's door. I opened it. There wasn't much in there: a few weights, a punching bag, a place to comfortably do crunches. Well, it was much more than I had at home anyway. All I really need is a floor and that is enough for me. After training for about two hours, I decided to take a shower. I didn't want to show up dirty on the first day that I'll be meeting everyone. I'll have to spend three years with them, you know? I wanted to make a good first impression. I wonder, will there be any cadets from Shiganshina? If there will, will they be friendly or will they spread rumors about me? Even if they don't, the other cadets will find out about me and my past. Well, at least the part that I'm a criminal. No one knows anything past that. But word spreads fast. Even yesterday, just by sitting I got so many disgusted and disappointed looks. It makes me want to hide away from everyone. I can handle sad or angry looks, but disappointed ones are way too much for me. 

   Getting out of the shower, I wanted to grab my clothes. They weren't there. Damn it, did someone pull some kind of a sick prank on me? I didn't even hear anyone entering the showers. I looked around closely and finally spotted a fresh uniform with a note next to it. Too bad I couldn't read. I guess Erwin sent me these and I hope a girl brought me these because otherwise, it would be pretty awkward. I sighed and put on the training uniform. It was a little tight, but honestly, it was a pretty good fit. But god I hope that someone like Levi didn't bring me the clothes. Surely, Erwin was smart enough to send a girl, right? But if it was Levi or some other guy... I hope whoever it was, they didn't see me. Y/n just don't think about it, damn it! I put on the shoes that were left with the clothes, and surprisingly, they fit me as well. Then, I made my way to the dorm. I looked at the clock. Still, an hour left. I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. It was a very pretty day. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Lonely clouds traveled through the bright blue sky. The wind was blowing just slightly. I took a deep breath. The air felt so refreshing. I started walking around. I explored everything outside and a bit of the forest next to the building I'll have to spend three years in. Also, just in case anything bad happens, I memorized where all the exits and windows are. Better ready than not.

   It was about time to meet Levi. I went back inside and walked to his office. Not wanting to disturb him, I just layed against the wall, waiting for him to come out. I wondered, how should I introduce myself to the new cadets that are going to arrive? "Hey, I'm y/n l/n." Or maybe... "My name is y/n l/n and I am from the Shiganshina District." Hmmm, do I want to get across as friendly and cheerful or cold and mysterious? Honestly, the second option suits me more. Nobody knew anything about my past. I chuckled to myself. I wonder, does Levi, the Humanities Strongest Soldier, want to be seen as cold-hearted and mysterious, or is he just normally that way? My thoughts were cut off by the sound of a door opening.  Captain Levi left the room facing forward and didn't notice me until he was about to close the door to his office.