Chapter 8 - Sparring with Captain Levi

A/N

   Hey, welcome to yet another chapter. How did you like this fanfic so far? I hope you all are doing well :D. I have a question for you all - who is your favorite Attack on Titan/ Shingeki no Kyojin character?

   Author-chan~~~~

   ..................................................

   Y/N POV

   We all got ready for our second day of training. Today, there were no belts to put on, so that meant no 3d Maneuver gear is going to be used today. I wonder, what are we going to do? After putting on my uniform, I went to get some breakfast. Once again I was greeted with the familiar view of Captain Levi sitting at my table. I took some food and sat down. 

   "Good morning, sir!" I greeted Levi.

   "Hey, brat," he responded, sipping his tea.

   Suddenly, the mess hall door opened. To my relief, the person that walked in was Eren. His head was all bandaged up, but he looked well enough to train. Mikasa and Armin immediately stood up. Eren gave them a reassuring smile and started making his way towards my table. To say that I was surprised was an understatement. 

   "Hi, y/n. I wanted to thank you for getting me to the infirmary." Eren said. 

   "Uh, no problem. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything so that you didn't fall over in the first place," I apologized to him. 

   Eren laughed and scratched his head. 

   "Don't apologize, y/n. I just fell. It is not your fault." 

   At that moment something clicked inside of me. I realized that I was feeling guilty about what happened to Eren. I'm stupid am I not? I was blaming myself for everything. Walls, those nightmares did really take a hit on me. The brown-haired boy left and I started eating. Like every meal I had here, there was soup and a loaf of bread. I noticed that the superiors don't get anything better either, except maybe black tea. 

   "Do you, by any chance, know what are we going to do today?" I asked Levi. 

   "Combat training and sparring," he replied.

   A wave of excitement washed over me. I ate my food faster than ever and left the mess hall. I walked outside and did some quick warmups. The other cadets started going outside, too, but most of them looked at me as if I was mad. Well, maybe I was. It didn't really matter to me what a bunch of kids thought of me. As long as I can beat them in every way, they can think whatever they want. After a few more minutes our nice and sweet Commandant decided to come and train us. 

   "Good morning, idiots. I hope you all had terrible nightmares!" he warmly greeted us. "Today you will be sparring. For those of you who are so utterly stupid, in sparring one person gets a wooden knife and you try to bring each other down. Now pair up, cadets!"

   Just as I thought, everyone avoided me. Most of the recruits were already training, while I was looking for a partner. While I was walking through the training cadets, I felt someone grab my arm. It was Eren.

   "Wanna spar?"

   "Um, okay. Do you?" I questioned him. 

   Eren nodded. He was already holding the wooden knife. I took a few steps back and got into my stance. Since Eren was the one with the knife I was supposed to be defending myself rather than attacking him. The boy looked at me and smiled. I gestured to him that I was ready to start. He looked at something past me and his determined expression left his face.