Chapter 7 - Training

A/N

   Hey guys. How are you all doing? Welcome to yet, another chapter of my fanfiction "My one and only Captain". Tell me what you think about this fanfic so far. I'm sorry if there are any grammatical errors or inaccuracies. Sometimes I struggle to find the right words since English is not my first language. I hope you like it either way!

  Author - chan~~~~~

   ......................................................

Y/N POV

   Not wanting to just sit around and wait for breakfast, I decided to take a quick shower. After showering I put on my training uniform. Unlike yesterday, we all had to put on a set of belts, which allowed us to use the 3d Maneuver gear. I was struggling to put them on, but I looked around and noticed that I was not the only one. Twenty failed attempts more and I managed to somehow slip inside the belts. Even though I did that, I was pretty sure that they were on the wrong way. It was almost time for breakfast when I walked out of the dorms with a few other girls. They were walking next to me and some tried to start a conversation. I didn't expect people to be this friendly. Me being me, I didn't involve myself in any conversations and just walked silently beside the chatting bunch, not paying attention to what they were talking about. I almost jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

   "You saved us. Thank you."

   I turned around to see who said that. It was the black-haired girl that was friends with Eren. Only after seeing her from up close, I realized how pretty she was. No wonder that Jean couldn't keep his eyes away from her at the dinner yesterday. But I also noticed that her hair was also significantly shorter than yesterday. Geez, when did she find the time to cut her hair?

   "Uh, you're welcome, I guess?"

   A few girls turned around to face me. They looked at me, curiously.

   "Hey! You're y/n, right? You saw the titans from up close?" a girl with short, brown hair asked me. 

   "Uh, yeah, I saw them," I didn't really see what was that big of a deal.

   Immediately, everyone drowned me in questions. How big are the titans? Was I scared when I saw them? It was actually awful. I usually responded with yes or no. Sometimes with a strange-sounding creak. The most that I said was:

   "One of them almost grabbed me."

   Thankfully, we reached the mess hall. The girls wanted to sit with me, but I declined their offer as politely as I could. Taking my bread and a bowl of soup, I made my way to the same table that I sat at yesterday at dinner. Cadets were chatting and everyone seemed very excited about training. We knew that it is not going to be easy, but that is why we were here. We're here to train and become soldiers, not to get an easy life. Well, some of us are here to earn an easy life for the future. But first, all of us will have to train hard, considering that you can only join the Military Police if you place top ten in your whole class. The chances to get there were pretty low for most of us. I started eating my meal when the mess hall door flew open, just like yesterday. And just like yesterday, Captain Levi stepped in, holding a teacup and a loaf of bread. Some of the kids looked at him and then at me. Just as I expected, Levi walked over to my table and sat in front of me, without saying a word. 

   "Um, hey," I greeted him.

   Levi just scowled at me and I continued to eat. Honestly, it was not half as bad and awkward as I expected it to be. We just both sat there, in silence, eating. Most of the other recruits were leaving. I finished my food too. I stood up and was about to carry my plate to the sink, but Levi stopped me.