Chapter 9 - First step to becoming a soldier

A/N

Hey, everyone! How are you all feeling today? I hope everything is going okay for all of you guys. I've decided to make my updating schedule anywhere between Friday and Sunday, it depends on how much time I had that week. I will still be updating weekly. Question of the day:

   What is your favorite trio? Is it Hange, Levi and Erwin or Mikasa, Armin and Eren? 

   I personally like Levi, Hange and Erwin more. I don't know why, but they just seem more interesting to me than the main trio. 

  Have fun reading~~~

The Author

..........................................................

   ~~~A week timeskip~~~

   Y/N POV

   Today was the day that we were supposed to complete Commandant Shadis's test of balance. I grew a bit closer to Eren or at least he was the only one I really talked to, besides Captain Levi. The boy still couldn't balance himself up. There was a huge chance that he will be sent out to work in the fields. And if that were to happen, I would lose my mind with all of these Military Police wannabe kids. As much as I knew, Eren was the only one that wanted to join the Scouts. Everyone else aimed for the MPs or Garrisons and thought that joining the Scouting Legion is just stupid. I'm not saying that it isn't. I realize that wanting to become a Scout is wanting to get eaten by a titan in the long run. But I thought that sitting around and drinking all day isn't exactly useful either. During the week Eren earned the nickname "Suicidal maniac". I would have gotten one too, if everyone wasn't so scared of me or Levi, since he followed my every move and was in still charge of me. After the combat training, though, I would only see him in the mess hall and in the evenings, when he taught me to read and write. The lessons were going quite well and the Captain was impressed with my progress. As long back as I can remember, I was always a fast learner. That, together with the fact that Levi was intimidating even when teaching, made me learn everything ten times faster than usual. Like every other day, I woke up and had a shower. Coming to the mess hall ten minutes early, I saw Captain Levi already sitting there.

   "Hey, Captain," I greeted him. "Um, did you sleep well?"

   "You know I didn't," he replied bitterly. "Why even bother asking, brat?"

   "It's called being polite. You should try that too sometimes," I shot back.

   Captain Levi started at me for a moment. I could practically hear him mentally sigh. 

   "Sorry," he mumbled.

   I was taken aback by his words. I knew that he apologized rarely.

   "What?" the man in front of me rolled his eyes.

   I realized that I was staring at him. I quickly regained my composure and mumbled 'nothing'. Levi let out his significant tch sound. After finishing eating, I went to the training grounds and waited for Commandant Shadis. I noticed Eren standing nervously next to Mikasa and Armin. I decided to try and calm him down. Walking up to him, I said not to worry. Also, I told him that I will murder him if he fails. I'm honestly not about to be with these kids if I don't have anyone to talk to. Or listen to them talking and telling me their entire backstory. I also spent too much time teaching him and helping him train for him to just fail at the first easiest test. Eren lightly chuckled and looked at the ground for a bit. He clenched his fist and looked back up, eyes full of determination, but I could still see that he was pretty scared.