You Said Forever

𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟, 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝐼 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡.

The engine roared as y/n pressed down upon the pedal, she watched as the small red handle raised through tear filled eyes. Streams of crystal flowing slowly down her flushed face, the once beautiful shades of crimson and rose that once played upon her cheeks reduced to a vile scarlet as each drop stained her skin.

She gazed through the windshield, the vibrancy of the sights before her mocking her with their joyful colours. The deep emerald of the trees, warm amber bursting through the windows as her car drove past.

Each sight bringing back painful memories of when he was hers. Days where the two would walk carelessly through the park, basking in the golden hues of the sun, the love so evident around them.

That love was gone now, each promise he had ever spoken to her blurring into words of deception, stabbing her heart and mind.

She drove past the quaint library in which they had first met. His beautiful caramel curls shining in the warm lights, his freckled complexion covered with a deep blush as he skimmed through the pages of a book.

She had grabbed the same book as him, felt the grasp from behind it. When he released his hold and revealed his face y/n was in awe, he was a sight of pure ethereality.

The two had spent hours, talking and unconsciously falling in love. But that didn't matter anymore. He had told her he didn't love her anymore, said the words without so much as a tear.

His face was stone cold, the only emotion within his absent expression was in his eyes. The chocolate orbs that were once filled with so much love and adoration for the girl long gone, but there was still love within them. Not for y/n though, instead for one of his coworkers.

JJ. She couldn't blame him for loving her, she was perfect, each insecurity y/n had ever had increasing by tenfold in her presence. Her golden hair that hung across her petite posterior, the magnificent oceans within her eyes threatening to drown y/n with each second she glanced into them.

The words of her one true love still played in her mind. Before he fell for another, the day he had promised her forever.

Spencer fell to one knee, his eyes filled with such passion as he gazed at the woman he thought he would spend eternity with.

A intricate sapphire ring between his trembling fingers as he spoke, his words were so true back then. No deceit within his promises.

"You're the only person I will ever love"

"I love you. I always will"

"You're perfect"

"I promise to be by your side forever"

Each word like venom within y/n's mind as she pressed even harder on the pedal, the music from her speakers adding to the throbbing ache within her head.

He had said forever, spent days in her loving embrace. But with each touch from JJ, he found himself entranced. He had kissed the golden girl, tasted the sweetness of her lips and still returned to y/n, let her think he belonged to her. Allowed each passionate word, each tender moment, tricking y/n into a false sense of security. He would lay there within her arms, trying to return the affection so so longed to give. It seemed as if there was a barrier, a barricade that refused to let him love her once again. Instead his mind would swarm of images of JJ, her tanned skin, the beautiful blue of her eyes. The gentle touch of her rose petal lips upon his leaving him feeling blissful.

The ring that now sat upon the blondes finger, except this time he truly meant his words.

Because he said forever, now y/n drove down his street. Longing to hear his angelic voice beside her, feel the warmth radiating from him as he laced their hands together.

His touches once left shivers in their wake, now they scorched y/n like flames. Each word that fell from his tongue like poison, destined to bring agony to her already desolate heart.

Y/n still found herself aching for the harsh burns, no pain was as insurmountable as knowing he was gone. No matter how much torture and torment he had put her through, she still swore her heart to him. Signed her soul away the moment they met, pledged to love him for eternity even if he wouldn't reciprocate.

She knew she would never love another, everyone paled in comparison to him, he was a god amongst mortals and y/n was simply a pawn in his game of lust. Nothing but a crash dummy for him to experiment with, release his pent up emotions at her so he could be flawless for JJ.

They weren't perfect, but y/n thought that those imperfections were what kept them together. Knowing that the other would embrace each broken part of them, shield them from the demons within.

But the day he left, the moment the door shut, and violent sobs wracked y/n's body, he had left her completely exposed to the ghosts that preyed upon them.

He said forever. Now she's left alone to pick up the pieces of the life he shattered.

For he had left her a broken girl, a shell of the person she once was. Leaving the demons to do as they please whilst he lived in bliss.