Lesson 5: Distractions Cum At A Price

___________________________

Mr. Kingston

I was called to sub in for Mr. T-Money, which isn't a problem at all till I saw the roll call sheet.

"Not these females again." I said with a slight shake of my head to accompany my small laugh. I looked over each and every name and just said a prayer to myself.

"Mr. T-Money?" A female said as she walked in. Her curls pulled up into a neat bun and a slightly nervous smile on her face. She looked kind of familiar.

"This is his class but he's in a meeting with Principal G. Are you new?" She nodded her head and set the paper on the desk. "You're not new, I remember your name." I smiled up at her to make her feel more comfortable.

"Where should I sit?"

"Well Ajalae, you can sit in Chanelle's seat for now since she's not going to be here today. I'll request a new desk right now for next class." I pointed to Chanelle's desk and wrote a note for the janitor to see later on once class was over.

"Thank you Mr-"

"Kingston. How long are you here for?" I looked out the window and saw Mr. Jenkins walking hand in hand with Yvonne up to the classroom. A bouquet of roses in her other arm and blushing cheeks that harnessed a smile.

"The next 5 weeks. My art class at Stanford was full so I came here so I could get my art credits."

"Oh, well you'll like this class. Mr. T-Money is pretty dope when it comes to art- aye you two." Mr. Jenkins held the door open and Yvonne came walking in.

"Aye Kingston. Bye Yvonne, I'll see you after class." Mr. Jenkins said before continuing on his way. Yvonne took a seat at her desk and looked up at Ajalae.

"Hi Ajalae." She said reaching over to give her a hug.

"So why the bouquet?" I asked.

"Well last week Romeo gave me a single rose and I thought that was nice of him. So Mr. Jenkins gave me a dozen red roses and there were truffles but we already ate them during sixth." She said burying her nose in the flowers. "They smell really good."

"They do, I can smell 'em from here." I said smiling back at her. I'm not gonna lie, Yvonne was a cutie pie as far as her overall personality. Ajalae settled into her desk and was now talking-

"Did you guy see the new detention teacher?!" Mariah yelled as she walked in with Amber right behind. "Like I'm not even playing-"

"What were you doing in detention?" Yvonne asked. Amber gladly took her seat and Mariah sat right on her desk, tossing her bag onto the floor.

"We went by to see Chanelle-"

"Wait. That rumor was true? She really is in detention?" Yvonne questioned as she shifted her glance between Amber and Mariah. Ajalae put on her beats and was occupied with her binder while I just sat here trying to figure out what was going on.

"Yes! Ms. Sealy was being a bitch in geography today so she sent Leah and Chanelle to the detention room. So Amber and I-"

"Why is she there?" I asked cutting off an overly lusted Mariah.

"See what happened was..."

*Earlier*

Mariah

I was sitting behind Chanelle in our row like always and we were just talking. I was telling her about my experience with the three teachers and Auburn, which is an experience I'll never forget, and Leah came walking in.