Lesson 8: No Fucking Way

__________________________

Auburn

I was in the hall standing by my new locker. The school finally decided on lockers and I was already hating it because my locker keeps getting jammed... Not to mention this reminds me of high school... We're in college.

"You stupid fucking locker. I'm about to shoot your damn lock!" I yelled as I started banging my math book against the lock. The clanking of metals screeched in the halls and echoed through my ears, only adding more to my irritation.

I took a few steps back and chucked the math book one final time at the locker. Then all the lights in the hall went out.

Did I seriously just fucking throw the book hard enough to knock out the lights?

"Just great." I groaned to myself as I rubbed my temples in frustration. I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight, before picking up the book and tucking it under my arm. I tried to do the lock again and it only angered me for the millionth time today-

"Need help?" A voice said followed by the sound of the door to hall closing. "I know a lot of students aren't used to the new lockers."

"Well I threw my math book at it in hopes-"

"Why would you throw one of my books at it?" Ooh this is Mr.Corvo. He better not fine me for throwing his book.

"It was all I had." I watched him grab my lock and pause. "36-10-2." I continued to watch him unlock the locker at ease... Without a single flaw and a satisfied smirk to his face. "Wipe that smirk off. Lockers are just lingerie storage for banshees like Bailey." I growled as I threw the book inside.

"Keep throwin' that book and watch what happens but if you don't like my smirk, gon' ahead and wipe it off yourself." His hands around my wait, I set my phone on the ledge of my locker with the flashlight facing upwards. "If my smirk bothers you that much." His lips were dangerously close to my neck and I couldn't fight the smile that crept onto my face.

"It doesn't bother me all that much anymore." I said gently pushing him away from me. "But next time I'll just call Amber and she'll gladly take away the smirk for me." I reached into my locker and that was right about when the lights came back on, it surprised me enough to jump back a little which caused a chuckle to come from Mr.Corvo.

"She's not even here. At least I hadn't seen her all day. You're her friend, so where's she at?" I closed the locker and turned off the flashlight on my phone. I didn't need my battery draining for accidentally leaving the flashlight on. I was surprised Mr.Corvo decided to walk with me out of the hallway but I didn't mind the company since Chanelle and Mariah were on gum scraping punishment for lashing out in class earlier.

"I saw Amber by her car this morning before school but I didn't see her any other time. I would have expected her to have visited you early this morning." We turned down one of the outdoor hallways heading towards the A wing- then I saw Heather sitting on the bench talking on the phone, laughing and giggling as she twirled her hair around her finger. She may irritate me but I give her props for her hair... it looks very soft and shiny.

"If you see her in art, tell her she needs to come by and make up a test she missed today."

"Of course I'd let her know-"

"Hi Mr.Corvo." The both of us snapped our heads in the direction the voice came in and to my surprise, it wasn't Heather who called his name... it was Chelsea. I'm pretty sure my face rearranged itself into a disturbed look. I don't even understand why she bothered with clothes when literally everything was hanging out.